cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you secure a wall clock?

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
How do you hang a clock on the wall and secure it so it doesn't fall off from the jouncing as you travel? What has worked for you?
24 REPLIES 24

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dryheat36 wrote:
We use one screw for the slot and Velcro tabs at the bottom. Has never fallen off or rotated out of position.

Ditto, works well, and is easy to remove to change the battery.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
A 3M Command Hook for the slot in the back of the clock, and a small "blob" of Fun Tac on the bottom to keep it from rocking while moving. Can't permanently mount it since the battery compartment & setting controls are on the back.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Drill 2- 2" holes through the clock and the wall. Get some 3/4 in chain put it through the clock and wall and weld it. Problem solved. Or you can look at your wrist.
Dennis Hoppert

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
I take it off the wall and put it on the bed when traveling. When camped, it goes back on the wall... ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

Mitch

x2
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Screw-in wall anchors. I drilled two holes in the frame of the clock and use long screws thru the frame and into the anchors.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
dalenoel wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
Mine is hung just by a screw in the slot. It has never fallen off.

x2 And has worked in TT and the MH. Both times it was in the center of the unit and not near the back end where bouncing is more pronounced.
x3
Never needed the Velcro.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We used heavy duty self adhesive Velcro. Works. Also use it for other applications too.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
Heavy duty Velcro to hang our large (8x10โ€) atomic clock with weather info. Two years no problems.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has one screw for the slot and Velcro tabs at the bottom. Has never fallen off for over 18 years of Full Time use.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Our last TT, a Wildcat, used a screw and a piece of Velcro as others have deescribed.
Our new AF hangs from one screw and flops all over the place when moving.
(Another project)

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Museum putty or just get a clock kit and build one into a cabinet door.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:
Mine is hung just by a screw in the slot. It has never fallen off.

x2 And has worked in TT and the MH. Both times it was in the center of the unit and not near the back end where bouncing is more pronounced.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dryheat36 wrote:
We use one screw for the slot and Velcro tabs at the bottom. Has never fallen off or rotated out of position.

This, ours has a small piece of Velcro just below the screw, never has come down, yet.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I used 3M industrial hook and loop (Velcro) to attach our "atomic" clock. It's been in place since 2013 so far, only being removed for battery replacements.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate