cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you remove Eternabond?

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
Last year, I had an issue with my roof. The roof was pulling away from the wood structure below.

With some great advice from Doug I put a fresh layer of 1/8" plywood and attached that to the existing wood roof, then put down new adhesive and my roof was whole again.

Unfortunately, working with my son, he put some eternabond over the nose of the 5er and it's doing something wonky. I need to remove it and do some work around the nose.

I tried to remove eternabond from the nose - and it's just not coming off easily or cleanly

I'm trying to figure out how to remove it completely so I can have a clean "canvass" when I start working on the the nose cap.

Any suggestions would be really helpful!

thanks!

Josh
4 REPLIES 4

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the prompt replies -
As directed, i googled and found you heat it, then you scrape it, and once it's completely scraped (until there's almost nothing left), you can rub acetone on it and it'll breakdown the last bit of the adhesive.

At least I was able to have a "clean slate" to start working on putting flashing around the nose and sealing the roof. Unfortunately, this is snowballing into a much bigger problem to solve. I thought I had it solved last summer, but the best laid plans...

Anyway, thanks so much for the help!

Take care,

Josh

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
stickdog wrote:
Wife's hair dryer. Don't use high and keep moving.

I have heard this works, but still not easy. Donโ€™t use the stuff myself, self leveling Cali will give a better seal and easier to remove.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Wife's hair dryer. Don't use high and keep moving.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Google how to remove Eternabond. They are a number of links including some videos.