cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help with Mobley device

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Been several years since I set this thing up and two days ago it started shutting off after about 25 minutes of use (I know I went in once upon a time and set it up to never go off). Cannot remember how to find the place to go to check settings, etc. I also have a new computer and if I had the place bookmarked it didn't transfer over. Can I get any help on this thing? By the way, I'm grandfathered in on the old ATT unlimited plan and would like to stay on it if possible, if not, any recommendations on a good setup that works all over the country and not real expensive?
8 REPLIES 8

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
When my Mobley died last May, went through 3 different SIM cards trying to get Mobley to work. Final I got a NetGear AirCard 815S. eBay $10.00 (?) Put last SIM card in -- call TechSupport wait 30 minutes for some one to come on line. Had him match the SIM card to the NetGear All work very well. Much faster than Mobley. Currenty 25Mbs download.

The NetGear is powered by USB port
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Ha! Thanks garyk, that's what I needed. Got in, my "never turn off" was gone and it was set on 30 minutes. Changed it to the most listed which was 2 hours so we'll see what happens.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If the Mobley's SIM lock PIN wasn't changed before AT&T updated the firmware to remove the "Never shut off" option a couple of years ago, moving the SIM to a hotspot will not work. You'll need to find a friendly AT&T cell service tech willing to give you the phone unlock (PUK) codes and instructions on how to use them.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

garyk
Explorer
Explorer
if you didn't change the password it is attadmin all small letters
2006 Toyota Tundra V8 4x4 AccessCab
1990 Toyota XtraCab V6 4X4 130,000 miles
99 Aliner SofaBed/OffRoad

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
I use Mobley when Visible isnโ€™t working & visa versaโ€ฆ. Best situation everโ€ฆ Total of $63.49 a month for both!!! Both unlimited!โ€ฆ.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think Mobley at least sometimes uses 3g. AT&T are dropping 3g Feb 1, 2022. T-Mobile is dropping July 1st.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Stay with the plan, just move the SIM to a new router. I started with a AT&T Netgear router and then found a larger MIMO kind of cellular router and the SIM card has worked perfectly there as well.
The Mobley came with a card with the SSID and Password if you can find that you can reset the device and start fresh. I seem to remember that is was a 192.168.1.1 IP address but I don't remember.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Now days Visible plan is much more useful. It has unlimited talk, text, and data. And your phone can be used as a Hotspot. It uses Verizon towers and 5g capable if that is important to you. 4 or more people on party pay each pay $25. That's all no 911 fees, no tax, no line fee, no handicap fees for deaf.