cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anybody installed a GPS screen in the Back Up Camera

mexicanpiloto13
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi all, We have a 1998 Monaco Dynasty and I got the idea of installing a nice Garmin GPS screen where the huge black and white camera display is on the front panel. I called the audio place and they didn't think the back up camera would work with a new kenwood stereo and garmin gps. it includes an option of a back up camera but they said it would have to be mounted down near the bumper. He suggested I start with trying to get a color back up camera installed first. Perhaps if it worked with the right fittings, they could adapt it to the Kenwood system. My easy idea is spirally down. Has anybody successfully replaced the ancient black an white screen with some nifty navigation system with screen and figured out how to use the back up camera? The audio place thought the camera might have rca style inputs for sound and video.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Reach out to crutchfield. I wanted to the same thing on a previous MH and they dialed me into a pioneer unit. All you really need is a double din head unit that will accept your camera inputs and either have gps, or will allow your phone to cast GPS to it - in which case you can use Waze or google maps etc on your phone and have it display on the radio. My new F350 does this with the stock radio. The only caveat is you can't view the camera and gps at the same time. You can switch back and forth though. All of this is moot though if your camera inputs are too old to adapt to a newer head unit. But I feel like an adapter can be found for that. You could always go with a new wireless camera to avoid having to run new wires.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS