cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happijack bed lift trioubleshooting help needed

Stewie_Griffin
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Jayco Seismic 4212, got an issue with the Happijac bed lift system. Late last camping season, I raised and lowered the bench seats a few times throughout the day, but when I went to bring them down that night, nothing happened. I had to override the system and bring them down. Figured I'd deal with it later.
Well, I checked fuses, but none of them were blown. I checked the connections at the control board and switch, everything was good.
Well, we knew we were taking it to the dealer to get some other service work done, so I asked them to check it out. They said the switch and board were the issues. I ordered a new set and the parts came in the other day.
Now, the new upgraded switch is different. The old switch has two 10awg wires going to a small block mounted to the switch board and a phone cable/messenger wire. The new switch does not use those two 10awg wires, it has a ground spade (where the other switch had the 10ag block) and the phone cable. The old switch & board used the messenger cable to ground the switch, the new system doesn't use the phone line for grounding, apparently that was a trouble issue.
So, I hooked everything up, found a ground via an adjacent light switch...nothing.
I ran a new messenger cable, used a lawnmower battery ground post to ground the switch and confirmed I have 12 volts (13.3V actually) going into the new control board.
I hit the switch....nothing. I do not have power coming out of the control board at any point. When I have the DW toggle the switch, I read nothing at the control board outgoing pins.
Is it likely that I have another bad control board? What triggers the power to transfer out of the board? I assume the switch does it through the messenger wire. How can I test the control board?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give.
0 REPLIES 0