cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge not working

DHamm20
Explorer
Explorer
HELP please!!!! Dometic 2652RV Fridge. The check light is flashing and will not cool electrically. There was no electrical coming out of the master board so I replaced the board. Once the board was replaced I was not receiving good numbers on the thermostat. Today I replaced the thermostat inside the fridge. The check light was off for about an hour and now has resumed flashing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Freezer will usually cool first until cold, then the refrigerator. It may take several hours to notice much change, especially it if's hot outside or sun is shining on the frig area.

DHamm20
Explorer
Explorer
Todays mission 12vo coming into the fuses coming out of the breakers it is dropping to 2-3 volts.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
DHamm20 wrote:
There is full power going into the fridge for the past hour or so but it does not appear to be cooling down just yet. All I have done is cut all power, turned off the breakers and disconnected the master board. Since reconnecting the light is no longer flashing but the fridge does not appear to be cooling.

Are you using propane or 120v? both need 12v from battery or converter to run the fridge controls.

"Power" means Watts, so not a helpful term when trying to understand you.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

DHamm20
Explorer
Explorer
There is full power going into the fridge for the past hour or so but it does not appear to be cooling down just yet. All I have done is cut all power, turned off the breakers and disconnected the master board. Since reconnecting the light is no longer flashing but the fridge does not appear to be cooling.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
At least some Dometic fridges have a gas shutoff valve as part of the burner/valve assembly (which may be covered or obscured by sheet metal if the recall is done). This doesn't look too much like a typical valve, but is more of a setscrew with a little arrow on it, and a quarter turn opens or closes it. I have found, from personal experience even, that the fridge won't work on gas if this shut-off valve is closed.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
"The check light is flashing and will not cool electrically...."

Please clarify. The check light shows when trying to run it by propane and it won't light. "electrically" means running it on 120v?

The check light comes on and stays on when it won't light. Flashing could mean your 12v power to the fridge is on and off like a DC circuit breaker auto resetting? (You only see any display lights when there is 12v)

Need more detail on the sequence of events.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
How fast is the check light flashing? Do you hear any clicking?
Service manual
Make sure all connects are tight. Look closely at the ground connection from circuit board.
What brand of circuit board did you replace old one with?
Circuit board part number?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
How's the 12v supply?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman