cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flickering Lights in part of the bedroom

Skline01
Explorer
Explorer
Had been away from my MH for a day and noticed that when I returned that the four overhead lights in the bedroom as well as one in a little shelf area in the bedroom had a slight flicker when turned on. The two lights over the bed that are activated with individual push switches are fine as well as all other lights throughout the MH. Tried to ascertain anything different as far as plugging things in etc - but really nothing else had changed. The lights work just slight flicker. Any ideas or reason for concern. Thanks for any input or recommendation
USMC Mustang 8989
7 REPLIES 7

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I found some small size multi terminal blocks on eBay with transparent covers and interference threads. The screws are never "loose" even when halfway out. I've used these with great success on Baja 1000 racers.

AMAZON

10pcs (5 Sets) 5 Positions Dual Row 600V 25A Screw Terminal Strip Blocks with Cover + 400V 25A 5 Positions Pre-Insulated Terminals Barrier Strip (Black & Red) by MILAPEAK
by MILAPEAK

Note the color-coded interconnects. Turns a block into a distribution center. The screw size is No 6. Then the transparent cover snaps on.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Double post.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Pull some drawers and such. Might find a common germinal block with loose connections. I found one under the bathroom vanity drawer. Came from factory with loose terminal/connections.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
That is your mood light setting. It imitates the flickering light of a fireplace or campfire. Congratulations on having this premium feature in your RV! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Skline01
Explorer
Explorer
The four lights in the bedroom are on one switch and flicker in unison. The flicker is ver slight and quick. The same situation with the ones over the bedroom shelf.
I remembered that I had used a charging station for iPhones that is in the same area and that charging station had been a problem before. ( I had it looked at by an RV repair facility and for $200 they โ€œfixedโ€ it by rewiring. somethings - that was a year ago and I have used the charging station very little since then

I unplugged the phone that was charging when I remembered and the lights still flickered. This morning when I got up all was well and the lights did not flicker. I suspect the charging station was the problem - that it over heated and created the issue.

I am a novice with RV electricity. I think I will not use the charging station again and then have the whole system checked out when I get home. I have 10 days of travel before I get there.

Thanks to you guys for taking the time to reply.
USMC Mustang 8989

happy2rv
Explorer
Explorer
Are the flickering lights switched individually or by a single switch? Do they flicker in unison? How much of a flicker? Do they actually go completely out or just dim and brighten? Is it fast or slow? Are they regularly timed consistent flickers or intermittent?

It could be a loose connection somewhere, as Ken suggested. If its regularly timed consistent flickers though, its more likely something else. It could still be a loose connection which is being vibrated, but is more likely some load on that circuit pulling the voltage down. Does it matter if all of the lights are on or not? In other words if just the light by the shelf is on does it still flicker?

Are these LED lights?
2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a loose connection in the electrical system. start at the beginning of the supply hot side. Make sure that all connections are tight, including operation of the switch, could be that the switch is wearing out, loose internal connections. If all checks out start checking the ground wires.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.