cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exterior dash cam for rear view?

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm basically looking for a traffic dash cam (with chip that continuously records) that is weatherproof.
No monitor - just a simple recording device - always on.

Anyone have such a thing on their camper?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats
5 REPLIES 5

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
I have Garmin dash cam in our cars our toad was hit (not while being toad) in the rear on icy roads, it totaled the car. The video made short conversations with insurance and police.
Winnebago Access 24V

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer
Iturn on my lights and the unit turns on. So if I am in a situation where I feel it is needed,on goes the lights and voila-on goes the camera.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
As much as I'm not 100% on board about having them in y semi, we have LYTEX/Drive Cams in our trucks w/ cams that face in/out of windshield. They are always on and record things instantly w/ sudden braking, stopping etc. Have heard it goes back 15-25 days or so. Not sure if they have anything exactly like what you want but may have to check w/ them to see. Otherwise, bgums suggestion on the GoPro maybe your only choice.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Not sold as dash cams, but many of the security cameras sold for home use are weatherproof, battery powered, with a card slot for memory chips. These typically record 24/7 as the first sign of movement in an "event" is frequently too late to record the critical details.

For example clicky

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
GoPro with extra memory. Depends on how long you want to save recording.