cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Emergency Brake - Alarm

gfraz27
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 Winnebago Fuse on a Ford Transit chassis. Just encountered an issue when the emergency brake is released, there is a beeping alarm. We have tried to make sure that the slide out, awning and even the passenger swivel seat. All with no success. The vehicle drives fine but the beeping alarm continues. The brake light on the dash goes out when the brake is released. Please advise any suggestions to this issue. Thanks.

Greg
4 REPLIES 4

gfraz27
Explorer
Explorer
Took the RV to a Ford dealership and they found the issue. There are contacts under the passenger seat with a Honeywell alarm system. When the emergency brake is released the alarm will sound if the contacts are too far apart. One contact is screwed into place while the other is attached with velcro. The contacts can be easily pushed closer together if they have separated due to vibration or swiveling the seat. I will contact Winnebago about a better solution but at least the source is known. Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

Greg

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Someone somewhere on a a board or forum, and I do not recall where, recently experienced the same problem with a Fuse. I seem to recall that they finally discovered that something had rolled under the handle of the e-brake and while the light went out, it was not fully down and something was still triggered. Wished I could remember the details. It was quite recently and I have searched RV.net and IRV2.com with no luck so far.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
OBD diagnosis system are mandatory in US for 21 years, so it is about time each vehicle owner carries code reader with him.
If you have android, $12 buys you Bluetooth adapter that will read the code and erase them when needed.
Bottom line, we can read crystal ball for days and will not get the result the reader will get in 15 seconds.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
There may be some type of switch on the E-brake pedal that is out of adjustment. See if you can see any wires in he area of the E-brake when it is in the off position.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH