cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical Issue No A/C one circuit dead Fleetwood Terry 26

Terry26
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I have a 2000 Fleetwood Terry 26. Used it last year and everything worked fine. Decided to get it cleaned up and ready for a short trip and found the following issues.

A/C does not run. Nothing. No fan, heat or cooling.

Three lights will not turn on which are all on same circuit.

Items troubleshooted

Existing battery was no longer charging and I replaced it with new deep cycle 12v battery.

With camper hooked up to 115/120V AC voltage I checked the AC voltage circuit breakers. All checked OK.

Checked ALL DC fuses.RESULT: All fuses were ok.

Checked the DC circuits and only one showed 12v DC voltage. RESULT: All the rest showed no voltage. (see Photo)

Checked AC voltage @ air conditioner control module (located directly under rooftop Colman A/C unit in the intake air duct where AC filter located) I do not know what this modes is actually called. RESULT: 115v AC shown on meter. I removed and clean all contacts at this model & reconnect all wiring. Result: still no air conditioning, fan or heat.

What I don't understand is why all DC powered lighting works except one circuit but only one fused circuit shows voltage. All the rest show no voltage.

I found an electrical module under the bed and only one wire showed voltage.

When I bought this camper several years ago there was another air-conditioning electrical module in a drawer. I had no clue what it was until I had this issue and saw the one in the A/C air intake cavity. I did install it but with no results. I also have no idea if that module was a spare of the defective one which was replaced.

This issue has driven me nuts as I've been able to troubleshoot and fix almost anything but not this time. Any help will be much appreciated.

The photos were not being shown in this message so I'm just including the links. You'll have to open them by copying and pasting link into brower. Sorry about that.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/bPuK1RY2Q1q1X8ThxfKmqQ.niuAYAJkikhctIfkATWlHv

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/u1ENVN49R3iNP2q3um7Q0Q.9WXocAc5o5AgIzwwNcSLpW

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/N9SN8HD7RTm9IGztbyjGUA.LySoICmjkTvMwTL1KQFwlS

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/EgZiOjnnRISZRIcotxo71g.7hadHrq9KuBvdcmfLeNLbW

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/z5yOxeoOQ3SBLhMVjhD74A.bA9HvC4IrjHSzyf4Oixwsm
8 REPLIES 8

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I would take your meter set to DC voltage (solid line with dotted line under it symbol) Measure from the top red wire in the center to the any of the steel around the fuses. If you get 12 volts then measure from the little holes (slots) in the back of each fuse (2 holes per fuse measure both holes) to the metal. If you get 12 volt on one hole and 0 volt on the second hole then the fuse is blown.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clickable picture links (just say no to cut & paste):

photo1

photo2

photo3

photo4

photo5

jseyfert3
Explorer
Explorer
Hurricaner wrote:
How exactly did you check for dc voltage at the fuses? My guess is the only fuse that has power is blown due to the negative meter lead being on a positive.

Sam

Seconded. My first thought when I read that all but one had voltage was that it was a measurement error and the one with voltage was blown.

OP: No offense to your skills (which are unknown to me) but you didn't happen to measure voltage from that top red wire to the wires coming off the fuses, did you?

EDIT: I re-read, saw that lighting is out (which is on the fuse with voltage). I'll bet a case of beer you measured voltage from the top red wire to the wires coming off the fuses.

Doing this will only show BAD circuits, typically blown fuses. A better way of doing this is to measure from negative (no terminals shown in your picture, metal casing may work) to the wires coming out of the fuses.

Measuring from the top red wire (12 volts) to the output of the fuse (12 volts) will show 0 volts for a good fuse and 12 volts for a bad fuse.

Pull fuse #1 again, measure the resistance across it using your voltmeter. If bad, it will read high resistance or NC (no connection), depending on the model of meter you're using. A good fuse will read almost 0 ohms.
Formerly a 2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306, burned in a barn fire. Looking at replacements.

Hurricaner
Explorer
Explorer
How exactly did you check for dc voltage at the fuses? My guess is the only fuse that has power is blown due to the negative meter lead being on a positive.

Sam
Sam & Kari
Hurricane, Utah

2019 Winnebago Sightseer 33C

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Click on open road forum, forum posting and help..., rv.net tutorials...
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Terry26
Explorer
Explorer
I saw only one option to send an image file which I tried several times. That was the IMAGE ICON which requires a link. I even downsampled the image size yet not one would show in the message after which I inserted the link. Ifteres an easier way to get an image please let me know. I'm a professional photographer and send hundreds of image files a day and never had issues whether including my image file links or simply dragging and dropping a file. The images files I tried to send where medium resolution JPEGS,
Thanks

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
You'll have to open them by copying and pasting link into brower. Sorry about that.
Or you can correct them to show up here...

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
A/C problem could be lack of DC at the A/C, thermostat etc depending upon model.

See the information on how to post pictures since they should help to understand the problem. Note: The pics might be OK for you due to your non public access.

Bob