cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver's Side Mirror 1998 E-450

bajajoaquin
Explorer
Explorer
I have a broken driver's side mirror on my 1999 Jamboree 24' Class C. It's a 1998 Ford E-450 chassis. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to find the proper replacement. I can find the Super Duty-style double-arm mirror, I can find the regular elephant-ear mirror, and I can find the 2003-up mirror. But I can't seem to find the base, manual glass single lower-arm towing mirror for my application.

The glass is broken, but the rest of the mirror is fine. I'd be happy to buy the glass, the end mirror assembly, or the whole setup. Can anyone help me find the right keywords, seller, or part numbers?
"Perfection comes not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."
7 REPLIES 7

bajajoaquin
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted to close this out for others who were looking.

I finally managed to get out to the camper so I could look at the mirrors. Turns out they were Velvac mirrors. The company is still in business, and I contacted them. Glass is available separately. It's a bit pricey at $50, but that's a lot less than $300 for the whole assembly.

The main thing I had to get into my head was that these weren't factory Ford parts. Once I was able to get through that I needed to find the manufacturer, I was able to get through it.
"Perfection comes not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Amazon.

bajajoaquin
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
A photo would go a long way, my "07 Forester on the E450 came with Hadley mirrors.

Yes! This is the mirror.

Sorry for the lack of pics previously. The camper isn't at my house, so it's a bit of a gumption trap to go get one.

Okay, I searched for "Long Arm" and "Hadley" but I'm running into the same issue: mirrors for 2002-up mirrors. Anyone know the range that the '98 was in? Do mirrors from '94-'01 fit?

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
A photo would go a long way, my "07 Forester on the E450 came with Hadley mirrors.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they are Velvac mirrors the part # for them is on the bottom of them,this will help in get the right parts.

This company will help you out,they have a lot of Velvac Mirrors and parts,look around on their site you might find something that would work for you.

Pacific RV Mirrors.

Right Mirror:

Hope this helps.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Generally you will have to replace the entire fixture..

I am not sure but E450 could be the same door as E250/350, if so you might be able to sub in a mirror assembly that is listed for E250/350. Generally as long as it is not heated or powered and the door has the same profile and mounting holes it may interchange.

Does it look like this?

If so, found non heated manual mirror assembly HERE for $164