Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Double fridge in slide of fuzion 345

y22man
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

I am having issues with my fridge and freezer maintaining temperature. It has happened a few times. Doing some reading it seems like a few others have had similar issues. The fix the others did was put a 12v fan in the area of the heat sink fins in the top vent portal.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with a norcold2118?

Jay
2017 f-350 crew cab longbed platinum
2016 fuzion 345
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
y22man wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
1. Adding a fan will NOT help the freezer at all
2. Norcold 4 door refers NEVER need an additional fan inside for the cooling fins
3. IF you have operational issues, then odds are the INSTALL, the area behind the refer is NOT correct for flow thru ventilation up the cooling coils. As another stated, the OEM's rarely install the refers in a cabinet that meets minimum Norcold install standards.
4. IS this refer in a slide room? Doug

Yes it is a slide. I think he was saying install a fan on the outside by the heat exchange fins. I could be wrong.

Jay

The Norcold 4 doors HAVE external fans(2) already. What your problem is, the OEM did not install the baffling correctly to get all the HOT air out the top vent. When you have a RV refer in a slide, Installing a 3rd fan at the top blowing straight out the upper door will INDEED make the refer operate better and at its peak. I also assume you have not added screening or bug screens on the exterior vent doors of the refer wall? Doug

y22man
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
2. Norcold 4 door refers NEVER need an additional fan inside for the cooling fins
3. IF you have operational issues, then odds are the INSTALL, the area behind the refer is NOT correct for flow thru ventilation up the cooling coils. As another stated, the OEM's rarely install the refers in a cabinet that meets minimum Norcold install standards.

Yes it is a slide. I think he was saying install a fan on the outside by the heat exchange fins. I could be wrong.

Jay
2017 f-350 crew cab longbed platinum
2016 fuzion 345

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Airflow......its all about airflow

In a slide the airflow is not as good of a natural draft as with a roof top vent so FANS to enhance airflow will improve the removal of the heat generated.

More heat removed.....more hot ammonia vapor condensed into liquid....more liquid ammonia available to FLASH into COLD ammonia vapor the more heat can be absorbed and the cooler the freezer/food sections can get

Simple answer YES....add those fans
Simple 12V DC computer fans with a 1A in line fuse
Either t-stat controlled or simple On/Off toggle switch
Pick up the needed DC right at back of fridge

Check out the 'Installation Manual' especially the clearance requirements and ventilation needs (unfortunately many RV MFGs do not abide by these requirements)
Norcold 2118 Install
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31