cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic DM2882 intermittent shutdown issue

gbsteph
Explorer
Explorer
My 2020 Host Cascade has the Dometic DM2882. Usually works great and keeps things very cold. Only problem is, it will be running fine, sometimes for a day or two, or sometimes for only a few to several hours. Open the fridge door, and no interior light. Check the indicator panel and it is off. Cycle the switch off then back on, and it will start right up and run a few hours, or a day. No real timeframe. It is under warranty and I took it to a certified repair facility. They ran it for 3 or 4 days and could not duplicate the problem. They however ran it during cooler months not during Texas summer. Not sure if that had any effects. Contacted Dometic, they are no help. The dealer I bought it from is in Arizona, not driving there from Dallas for warranty work. Anyone have this issue before or any good troubleshooting advice. I'm an aircraft mechanic, so I have the abilities just need pointed in the right direction. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

gbsteph
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Old-B. I'm taking it out soon, so I will try and look for pawer at some of those connections whenever it shuts itself off.

gbsteph
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug. I did take it to an authorized repair facility near me, but they couldn't duplicate it after 4 or 5 days. But as I said, it was December and perhaps the Texas heat when I was running it plays a part. Not really sure about that. Do you run a service center?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
This type problem is either the Eyebrow(the ON/OFF switch) or the rear control board. The NORMAL way to diagnosis is for the Service Shop to connect an exterior 12 volt source to the refer and then test for a week. IF the problem goes away you reconnect the RV 12 volt and test again. IF the problem returns, you have a problem with the RV 12 volt system and NOT the refer. Sometimes it is aa simple as the 12 volt fuse holder for the fuse going to the refer, the spades are "loose" and not tight. Just pinching them back together with needle nose pliers and reinstalling the fuse may fix the problem. This type problem was common on WFCO 12 volt fuse centers. IF the 12 volt supply has been verified that it is NOT the problem, this is when the Service Center contacs Dometic and tells them all the testing and requests that Dometic send a Eyebrow and a rear Control board. If the Service Center has a good relation with Dometic(I do), then Dometic will send the parts and note that the parts were sent even tho there is no positive diagnosis. BUT, you MUST let Dometic know you have done extensive testing and explain what you have done. Otherwise Dometic will not respond. Dometic only talks to Service Centers and qualified techs. NOT retail customers. Doug

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loss of DC Power

Loose Source Fuse connection
Loose DC Wiring at Terminal in back of fridge
Loose/bad DC connection on fridge circuit board
Loose/bad wiring harness connections between lower circuit board and upper display
Too small of gauge wire/distance from DC source to Fridge..
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31