cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DOMETIC DM2872 Fridge not working on gas or AC

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Folks, my neighbor brought home a 1 year old Forest River Travel Trailer a couple months ago. Here's some background;

He's never owned an RV of any type before. When he brought the rig home I showed him how to work things. I opened the fridge, turned it on, the light inside came on, and I showed him how to switch it from gas, to electric, and what the lights on the panel mean, the check light, etc. Everything was fine.

Believe it or not, they were leaving for South Carolina the next day to visit their son.

When they go to turn the fridge on, there's nothing. No light inside, no lights on the panel; nothing.

I'm looking to help him troubleshoot this but would like to know where to start.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
4 REPLIES 4

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Lost 12 volts DC to refer.

I'm inclined to agree. I'll go over in a couple days with my multimeter and have a look.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Lost 12 volts DC to refer.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Everything else in the trailer works, lights etc. Fuses are good. Seems like there's no power going to the fridge. I've owned a couple versions of this fridge so I'm very familiar with it. I don't have access to it at the moment but I need to start with the basics and check for voltage at the back of the fridge.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Two possible issues one is hyper common (That's beyond very) the other not so much (Make it 3)

Do the inside lights in the RV work? (DO you have 12 volts present) The fridge runs on Propane or 120vac but the indicator lights and the controls are all 12 volt DC if there is no 12 VDC no joy. Dead battery or battery disconnect.

On the less common is blown fuses (There may be a panel in the bottom of the outside compartment with two 3AG type glass fuses... or 3 one of them MIGHT be 12Volt the others are 120 there is also a black box. likely on the left at the bottom it too has fuses inside)

2nd is a bad connection (Bit me once) there is a multi pin cable between the afore mentioned black box and the "Eyebrow" (The bar with the lights and buttons)
Unplug and replug a few times. then inside pull the "Eyebrow" straight out and do the same thign with that end.

Good luck and let us know whaty happens;
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times