cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic A/C and CCC1 Tstat E1 error

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Got the E1 error. Did the initialize and nothing. Turned unit off at breaker and pulled 12v fuse. Did initialize and it started back up.

Before I do the initializing I unplug and plug in the phone cord that goes from the tstat to the unit at the unit.

The issue is I have to do this every few days. This has been going on for about 8 days now.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or what I need to check next?

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Ok finally got the parts, tool and the weather was good. Redid the connection and all looks good. No errors.
It was easier than I thought it would be.
Thanks Doug for the help

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Got the E1 error, to hot to go on roof so I pulled the 12v fuse and turned of the breaker to the AC unit and waited 10 minutes. It's back on now.
Forgot to add that I have the connectors and tool on order.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all help

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You just need the RJ11 modular ends. Home Depot and Lowes sell them and the install tool also. It is extremely easy to cut the old end off and crimp a new end on. Make sure you get the 4 wire ends. Just follow the 4 wire color alignment from the old plug to insert the cable. I would do this to make sure you don not have a problem with the original ends. I do this as SOP when diagnosing this type problem. Doug

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Yes they looked a little dirty so I cleaned them with some spray on electrical contact cleaner.
So far no E1 message.
Thank you for all the help an info.
Do you know where I can get replacement phone type cord and the couplers?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
rav wrote:
We have 2 separate tstats. One in living and one in bedroom. Both 2 stats say Zone 1.
I taped the phone quick connects so they would stay in the coupler better.

Did you unplug the phone type plugs and check for corrosion? Doug

rav
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 separate tstats. One in living and one in bedroom. Both 2 stats say Zone 1.
I taped the phone quick connects so they would stay in the coupler better.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You do not have a Penguin model. What did you tape off?????? Did you actually see the Phone type quick connects? If you have 2 AC units, either one can cause your problem with communication. The phone type cable usually goes from the Zone 1 Roof AC to the Wall tstat. Then there is a phone type cable going from the Zone 1 to the Zone 2 control board. On motorhomes Zone 1 is the front AC. On 5th wheel's the Zone 1 will be where the Living room is located. Doug

rav
Explorer
Explorer
I found a pic of the tag.
Service parts for HIGH PERF HEAT PUMP, 15K BTU,WHITE, CCC2 T-STAT REQ'D
Model #: 551816A711C0
Product #: 991762941

Got this off domestics site on a parts search

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, thank you for the info. I went up and cleaned everything again and this time taped the wires in with electric tape. So far so good. I can't find a model number without going on the roof and taking the cover off, I did the cleaning and taping prior to reading your post. I have serial number the factory wrote down but it is very hard to read...
2016 Bighorn 3760EL. Steve
I will see if I can cross reference the model and serial number with dometic

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug our living room unit has been giving us trouble since last summer.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
E1 means that the COMMUNICATION cable from the wall Tstat to The roof AC control module is open or missing/bad connection. This is the 4 wire cable that looks like a Phone cable. It is NOT a phone cable. It is wired in reverse from a phone cable. Most common problem on a unit more than 1 year old is the Phone type plastic modular connection at the roof AC area is corroded from the humidity from the Upper AC unit. You don't state what year model RV or model roof AC. I ALWAYS replace the RJ11 ends behind the wall tstat and at the roof AC. That removes a possible bad connection. If the upper modular is corroded you have found your problem and replacement is also required. If this does not fix the Intermittant problem then the cable from the wall tstat to the roof will be suspect. Doug

PS, IF you have Penguin model AC units, then the odds of corrosion on the connection by the evaporator is almost 100%. Replace all connectors if you have more than 1 roof AC unit.