cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

central vacuum

42lou
Explorer
Explorer
can anyone please recommend a replacement central vacuum for a eureka yellow jacket cv140 (which is no longer available)?

thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚
Lou & Nikki
Daisy (Morkie)
Domino (Cat)
2010 New Horizons custom Fifth Wheel 38' Summit
2018 Host Mammoth Truck Camper
2009 F450 King Ranch
6.4L Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4.3 axle w/ towboss pkg.
8 REPLIES 8

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dirt Devil Central Vac in our TT and are very happy with it. We replace the bag at the end of the season, so as to not attract unwanted visitors while we are away from the TT. If we didn't replace the bag each season, it would probably take a few seasons to fill.

We have the Dirt Devil Central Vacuum CV1500.

We used to use a Shop Vac in our Class C, but the Central Vac is so much nicer. Our TT is 40' long and the hose reaches every inch of the TT.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Red Devil central vac in our Prevost and the wife is VERY happy. We are all hard surface floors and it works very well. If you have carpet I believe the bag would fill up too fast to be practical.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

FionaSmith
Explorer
Explorer
I am using Bissel vacuum cleaner for my class b camper, I studied review related to Bissell vac and also took the feedback from neighbors who were also using it. It doing well.

TraveltheWorld
Explorer
Explorer
Does a Robot vacuum work well in an rv?

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
If I had an RV with hard floors I'd get a robot vaccum and turn it loose when we left.

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

JonWalter
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for offtop .
We have a 2010 Electrolux PU3650 https://cozzy.org/best-central-vacuum-system-reviews/and we've had it for almost a year. We thought the vacuum was a nice feature and ordered ours with it. When we got it, we tried it and it just didn't live up to our expectations. I finally got around to checking it out. My dad also has a Electrolux with the vacuum and I tried his and his worked a lot better. So, I knew something was wrong with mine. Checked the hose, and it's fine. Both areas to connect the hose worked the same. I read that someone opened up their bottom step and accessed the hose there and fixed their problem. I found one screw on the step and took it out and it allowed me to get to the back where the hose connects to the plastic outside part. It was not aligned correctly and was sucking air behind the front plastic piece. I unscrewed it and aligned it correctly and re-screwed it and now it works WAY better and is now worth paying extra for it. So, if yours is not sucking as hard as you think it should, something may be wrong with it.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want to get the original again, how about a good old shop vac from Lowe's or Home Depot? As long as the hoses connect, I'd think it would work just fine (get a strong powerful one).

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like it might possibly still be available here?

vac
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)