cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best spam blocker app

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a spam blocker app that actually works. I have been told that using the wrong one can actually make problems worse. I gat 30 to 50 spam calls a day. Most of my problems started when I was a hospital patient, using their network.
8 REPLIES 8

Y-Guy
I'm closing this thread as its a double posted question as well as it belongs in the Technology forum. As there is already a post there please continue the post it that thread, here.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer it. If it's legit, and important, they'll leave a message. My number is 1 digit off (in the area code) of a State Farm agent in Chicago, so I feel the OP's pain of too many calls. If someone is stupid enough to repeatedly call looking for agent "Austin", I tell them their policy has been cancelled, and they should contact State Farm directly. Usually works.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
50!! Holy bat poop batman. I answer all spam calls and screw with them, eventually end up on their do not call list. At 50 I would change my number.

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I use my own variation of blocking calls that are not in my contact list. From day one I only gave out my number to selected people, I put them in a group in my contacts and assign them a special ring all other calls get just a vibration and a silent ring tone. If I'm not busy and a feel a vibration I look at the screen, if they are in my contact list their name shows up and must have gotten my number from one of the people on my accepted list and I'll answer. Unknown go to voice mail. I almost never get a legit call from someone not in my list of people I gave my number to. My method doesn't work if you number is already everywhere, but you can make a list of who you want to really talk to. I consider my phone is for my convince not other people. I get very few spam calls since my number has never been sold by all kinds of companies that ask for my cell number since they don't get it. I also add all spam calls I get to the blocked list built into the phone.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Answering be saying "Hello" tells the telemarketer/spammer that they have reached a private/personal number. I answer any unknown caller with "Joe's Bar & Grill". The caller usually hangs up immediately.
Sometimes I answer with "Mel's Mortuary, you stab 'em, we slab 'em".

In all seriousness, the Hiya app works well for me. My phone never even rings for most of the spammers.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
at 30-50 calls a day, I would change my number

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
Use the settings function on your phone to block all calls from numbers not in your contact list and send the blocked calls to voicemail. Most spammers will not leave a message and you can add those that you want to talk to to the contact list.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y