cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Destroyers Rejoice

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of demanding ALL portable battery chargers to have a simple mechanical wind up timer, this is what the failed lawyers and for- purchase-engineers, ended up implementing 8 years ago in Californiastan

https://www.energy.ca.gov/2011publications/CEC-400-2011-001/CEC-400-2011-001-SD.PDF

Now that abortion is law, they are going after BANNING 100% ALL CAMPFIRES, permit or no permit. Their rationale includes protecting worms and bugs inside dead timber.

This is from the folks who damned near chased me out of the California Dept of forestry office for politely requesting a permit to thin dense thickets of live oak on the east side of Santa Rosa. Eight years later it went up in flames and hundreds of homes were reduced to ashes.
11 REPLIES 11

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I've tried my best to not become political in this forum but it is difficult. To enshrine the art of improving, remanufacturing, restoring, and saving earth's resources is non-existent.

So-called environmentalists are some of the worst culprits on the face of the earth.

Now you know why I endorse companies like Rolls & Surrette, Concorde, and other "more for your money" manufacturers. Especially if products are made entirely in the USA. If you compare a SIOUX electric drill to a Japanese drill you'll find the Sioux uses a chuck that lasts three to four times as long and a chuck bearing that will do the same.

I will not buy off-shore cobalt drills. For punche's lifespan GREENLEE, many of my hand tools are Milwaukee, not because I'm a prude or nationalistic, but because per hour of Lifespan they are cheaper to use. Seattle, has perhaps a dozen commercial battery flooded battery manufacturers catering to the marine industry. These companies cannot afford to expand their marketing region much like I could not expand my alternator market. But some of these manufacturers could put even premium USA flooded battery manufacturers in a tight squeeze. Yes I am talking Trojan and Deka. Caterpillar knows a thin-plate 8-D battery will destroy itself with vibration so they label their choice in battery as a private label.

I use a lot of specialty fasteners. The chinese provide KEPS integral starwasher nuts that flatten the star grip to useless flat on the first tightening and they do NOT resist backing off.

All of this is why I have lost respect for the chew and spit society.

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too long for the days when things were made well, both designed well and built well. I don't socialize much since I have lost my patience with stupid people, people that are not able to think for themselves, people that can't handle an honest discussion.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's the CONTROL of the charge that is double digit IQ limited. NO BATTERY CHARGER IS ALLOWED TO BE PROGRAMMABLE BY THE USER.

I don't like transformers either.

The baffle-em-with-******** legalize is intentional. I still have contacts in the battery industry and since that legislation went into effect battery warranties have increased at one company over 20% and this means MORE MONEY FOR DESTROYING something. It is NO JOKE that legislation is being examined to limit ALL heating and cooling thermostats to 70 heat and 76 cool. And do away with manual thermostats altogether.

Mexico does not allow the sale of uncontrolled battery chargers. Schumacher wheeled chargers had to switch to wind-up timers that do not have HOLD settings.

I hate to tell you what THAT implies.

TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME
How to equalize a flooded sulfated battery with a smart charger...Hmmm? Pressing the equalize button takes the voltage to NORMAL CAR CHARGING VOLTAGE for fifteen minutes then resumes sulfating the battery until the battery rolls over with it's tongue hanging out.

No one is interested in longevity anymore. Not to the point of condemning government regulations. Mexico is infamous for erecting new laws because for the last 500 years the highest personal aspiration was to become a bureaucrat. MOST of this legislative nonsense is ignored, but if they want to screw someone bad enough they will dig deep and then that person gets augured.

(Technical)
I have added push and pull fans to Megawatts, substituted Panasonic capacitors and replaced original 20 amp 75 volt rated rectifiers with 80 amp 150 volt rated schottky rectifiers.

Then ran them full out for 5-days on 95 degree days through a resistor that 101% loaded them. REVERSED THE POLARITY AT 50 volts. They are bulletproof except for water. I paid the price on the next electric bill.

The quest for excellence in consumer appliance product longevity is DEAD. GONE. HISTORY. To vastly improve the lifespan perhaps a hundred dollars each (for an automobile) would be a superb investment. To a million unit auto manufacturer a hundred million dollars would justify a hit squad to investors.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I tried to read the document and gave up.. And that's saying something.

But it looks to me like they are recommending switching power supplies over transformer... and frankly. that's a good thing in most cases as has been PROVEN by several tests some of which I've witnessed. They run cooler. Draw less power and have been around a long, long. long time. Just they work better now days.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
By taking the banning of aircraft Occasio Cortez's advice about taking the midnight train to Tokyo. The freshperson legislator from the east.

Young people are soooooooooo gullible. The evil eye has not fallen on RV's yet.

WHAT? Burn petroleum to cool food!??!

How many miles per gallon?

How many kWh per night.

GENERATORS!?!

No carbon footprint Federal, state and local surtax?

Allowing Quinoa burgers to taste disgustingly meat-like? Well it's all coming to congressional scrutiny this season. The very idea of not prohibiting camp fires!

Nick-B
Explorer
Explorer
This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheepโ€™s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
Nick
1995 Coachmen Santara MB360 w/slide
F53/460 chassis w/tag

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
land of the fruits and nuts

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
If we start discussing wacky legislation passed in California, we'll never have time to discuss RV issues. ๐Ÿ˜‰

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A stupid avoidance of a stupid wind up timer. Also I can purchase meteorologists and astrophysicists who could convince the California legislature that Earthquake Weather is a reality and is caused by burning hydrocarbons. The biggest and most intense California earthquakes happened within the largest urban areas. Especially damaging was whale oil street lighting (and I support the ban on whaling). Burn gasoline and SHAKE baby SHAKE!

Their science is BUNK. I challenged them to do a proof test of CO2. Four 4' cube lexan boxes, ranging from atmosphere to 100% carbon dioxide inside VACUUM double walled containers. With NIST certified pyrometers and 24 hour monitoring recorded.

They FLAT REFUSED to even try it. We are being governed by government skewed science. BUNK! GARBAGE! INEXCUSABLE! These fools did not know a SOLAR MINIMUM was coming never mind it's implications.

MrWizard
not just proposed .. it passed aka implemented

never to late to repeal wrongfully implemented legislation to prevent further
problems
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
The link points to an 8 year old document. Kinda hard to get upset about something that was proposed 8 years ago.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax