cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood furnace not starting

Rosslawncare
Explorer
Explorer
My Atwood furnace will not start. When I turn the heat on I can only hear 1 click in the A/C unit. The fan will not start and I do not have any red blinking codes on the circuit board and fuses look good. I have reset the reset switch several times. Any help?
8 REPLIES 8

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
gatorcq wrote:
No voltage going to furnace. Verify that 12vdc is at the reset switch.
Next the click is the thermostat relay commanding heat. 12vd should be going to a blue wire on the control board.
Don't need to info as most Atwood operate the same.
12Vdc power
12Vd from thermostat
Sail switch
O/T switch
Blower comes on
LED MUST come on Red or Green (No LED = No Power)

This is the correct troubleshooting "Follow the 12v" to the problem
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You just joined. You MUST supply Year/Model/Brand of RV. Also the Brand and MODEL of appliance. Doug

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
No voltage going to furnace. Verify that 12vdc is at the reset switch.
Next the click is the thermostat relay commanding heat. 12vd should be going to a blue wire on the control board.
Don't need to info as most Atwood operate the same.
12Vdc power
12Vd from thermostat
Sail switch
O/T switch
Blower comes on
LED MUST come on Red or Green (No LED = No Power)
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need good 12 volt for the thermostat and circuit board so that furnace will operate. Start by checking there.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The click in the AC unit is the Furnace Relay closing sending 12 volt tstat power to the Furnace to start. IF the furnace operation fuse is blown, the furnace will not do anything. The tstat wiring(fuse) is separate from the furnace 12 volt wiring(fuse). You need to check for 12 volts on the RED wire going into the furnace. Doug

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The relay in the AC unit could have bad contacts.
Start by posting model of furnace,
If you can jumper the two blue wires in the furnace. This will by pass thermostat and relay. Furnace should start and produce heat. Remove jumper, furnace should go into cool down mode and shut off shortly.
If fan in furnce does not start, check for 12 volts DC at furnace.
Power present check for circuit breaker normally attached to fan housing on many models.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
don,t no why you would hear a click in the ac unit. but theres some real good guys on here that will chime in. do you have a good 12volt hooked up? start your stove to bleed air out of the lines? thermostat set on furnace,,