cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Conditioner Upgrade/Replacement

roadtoadflorida
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011, 30' Flagstaff TT. I want to upgrade my 13500 BTU Dometic with a 15K Ducted unit. I hope to do this before I have RV Armour roof installed on the TT. Has anyone replaced their AC unit with an upgrade? If so, what model is recommended. Once I select a durable unit, I will install it, then have the roof resurfaced. Thank You ...
Ken and Pat
CB Handle: "Road Toad" Channel 19
2011 Flagstaff 30 FT TT
2015 Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab
Okaloosa County, Florida
4 REPLIES 4

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Get whatever AC you are wanting and take it with you when you have the RV Flex-Armor roof done. They remove everything from the roof and replace all the vents and AC gaskets during their process.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5th wheel had a Dometic 13500 btu unit that went bad and I install a Dometic 15,000 btu and it fit without any need for modification. That was at least 15 years ago. We park for 3 months in San Diego during the summer and usually run the A/C 24X7 due to the 80 plus degree heat. It has held up well.

I've seen a lot of forum posts on several RV forums and on YouTube where RV owners have installed one of the Mini-Split air conditioners instead of a RV type air conditioners. The Mini-Splits seem to work better and use less power.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
That only gives you 10% more cooling. It makes it difficult to run on a 15 amp-shore power supply, too.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.