Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Activating Hydraulic jack blows fuse and stops extending

pyrosecur
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All !
My Allegro 2004 gas home is equipped with HWH 325 Series Level System. One of my jacks will not extend. I have verified and found a burnt 15a fuse in the control box. I have replaced the fuse and when I activate the switch for that jack it blows again. I exchanged the solenoid location on the manifold and now it blows the fuse in the new position. I presume the problem is the wiring on the solenoid or the solenoid itself. Is there a way to verify the solenoid to be sure it is causing the fuse to blow ?
Thanks Gerry
Happy Camping :C

Allegro 32BA
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It is very rare for a HWH harness to have a short. The solenoid usually is the cause of the short. What usually burns out that solenoid is you have a jack that is sticking on retraction and the red down light does not go out. That means when in STORE, the light does not go out and that leaves the power to the solenoid. Those solenoids are momentary solenoids and should not have 12 volt power to them longer than 15 minutes. If the time limit goes over 15 minutes the solenoid coil overheats and shorts out. That is the purpose of those 15 amp fuses. To protect the HWH control box from this type short. Once the last Red jack down light goes out the power to the solenoids is turned OFF. Doug

pyrosecur
Explorer
Explorer
thanks I'll check it out tomorrow morning......

Allegro 32BA

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
You can also ohm out the coil in the solenoid and compare it to a good solenoid. I can help you over the phone or maybe you can find electrical person to help you. There should be a specific ohmic value when you measure between the two leads that go into the solenoid. I have been a professional electrical electronic troubleshooter all my Life and I also suspect itโ€™s the solenoid as well.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
There should be no continuity to ground.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

pyrosecur
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Bud, thanks for the manual links.... I found mine and it sounds like the solenoid is the problem.
When you say "Test solenoid conductors for any continuity to ground." Should there be continuity or not ? (I'm not very electrical ๐Ÿ™‚ )
Gerry

Allegro 32BA

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Mine is not 325 series. It is 200/210. so no help in manual.
325 service manual link
This manual is one of 325 series
ML13514 manual

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Disconnect wiring from the solenoid. Test solenoid conductors for any continuity to ground.
Check wiring to the jack down conductors for broken or pinch.
I will go to my rig and pull troubleshooting manual.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow