cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 Workhorse brakes

TimfmCT
Explorer
Explorer
Just had a complete (all four rotors, pads etc) brake repair.
Fortunately the ABS warning light came on or I wouldn't have known all the rotors were rusted beyond repair and were tearing up the pads.
Needless to say Workhorse parts a quite expensive and it was a very expensive job. I'd like to try to protect them better. The mechanic indicated that driving it more often would help prevent the rust. It does sit for months at a time. I'm told that the recent use of a spray on the roads prior to snow/ice storms is very corrosive. We have driven it in the winter.
Then it may sit for a few months.
Once we arrive at a location/site, is there anything that I can do to help protect the brakes/rotors? IE: rinsing under carriage with a hose??
Tim fm CT in our home sweet dome
2005 Tiffin 32BA workhorse GM 8.1
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
2005 HD Superglide
1 REPLY 1

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Just a bit of info on WH brakes: There has been a recall on Workhorse calipers for sticking/seizing. Buddy with a 2007 went through the pain and suffering of trying to get the recall done this last spring. No parts in Phoenix, supposedly backordered till who knew when!! Got back to Oregon, and was able to have the recall done at a small dealership in the boonies immediately!! Go figure. Recall covered caliper parts and labor.

As to your question on protecting the new brakes, I would say that rinsing off would be a good option, maybe only one worth doing. Don't miss the areas that use salt and/or chemicals.
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles