cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where did everybody go?

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Have not been on here in a while. Kinda quiet, think I just saw a tumbleweed blow by.
Hope everyone has a great Holiday!
K-9
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends
16 REPLIES 16

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Buried in friends and relatives since the week before Christmas. The last of them will leave next week.

Just confirmed that Spotacus and I are happier without the crowds.

Meanwhile, both L'Andante and Steinholz are in for inspections. Steinholz will come home this afternoon. L'Andante is getting Bilstein shocks installed, so she'll be home next week. Then a trip to see the Marfa lights is in order.

Happy New Year to you all.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
We went camping in Florida at Oscar Scherer SP for a week right before Christmas, and I've been booking Florida camping trips at various parks for next year (April, May, June, September, and October so far). We'd move to Florida, except our kids live here in Georgia, and we have a granddaughter. We also just found that we have another one on the way, due July 4th!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas or Hanukkah, and that everyone has a wonderful 2018!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Where did everybody go?

Florida!
Sitting in the sun watching the weather report for the Great Lakes Region
and 'really' being thankful that I am not there! :C

~ Merry Christmas Everyone! ~

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Christmas to you!
from
Jen (Me!)
Casper the monster white puppy thing (no idea what her mix is, but she's already 60#)
Bizmark the Staffordshire terrier
and
Stitch, the kitten
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses everyone.
Making a Bourbon Sidecar for myself right now.
Happy Holidays!
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Hibernating and planning future trips. I don't do much outside this time of year to talk about. Collies seem to enjoy hanging out beside me regardless of what I do.

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't been on here lately because our dog is healthy (whew!) and we haven't been camping for a while. My husband's health issues required us to sell our trailer, and when we do camp it is in KOA cabins. Yes, we miss it, but sometimes you have to make necessary adjustments to your lifestyle.
Anyway, we hope everyone on the Forum has a safe and Merry Christmas. Those who are travelling, be careful. It's snowing up here in northern Illinois and the roads are in their winter mode.
Also, those who have lost pets in this past year, we hope your memories of Christmas past with your furry friends will be a comfort to you. Maybe someone new will come into your lives in 2018.
So Merry Christmas to all, safe travels, and many blessings!

Rita
Walt
Buttons the sheltie
Nicky the Tennessee Walker

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger (my cocker spaniel) and I are in Pine Mountain, GA for Christmas.
Will return to the Tampa area at end of this coming week. Guess from myself to myself Christmas present was a new (cheap) dashcam and a new tire, which I think went kaput right at the campground as I pulled in. God looks out for me.

Merry Christmas everyone.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Someone at work was kind enough to share a cold with me; been home in bed since Thursday. Between the cold and failing boiler at home our travel plan to in-laws is postponed till after Christmas.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to deal with an ill MIL who is giving us a run for our money. One day we think it's the end and then it gets better. She's 45 minutes away so there's a fair amount of driving involved. But right now she's on the up swing and should get out of ICU and into a rehab facility soon.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
The forum has really slowed down lately. IMHO. I figure the weather, Christmas, and other social media has had an effect on attendance and posting.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Kids, grand kids and great grand kids will be here tomorrow. We aren't doing anything today except irish coffee and rest. If they let us live tomorrow we will head south soon after.
I think everyone is Christmas shopping.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Hunkered down for the winter right now.

Monster puppy and old guy are playing in the first real snow of the season. Kitten just got done trying to strangle herself in the Christmas light string. The Portable Pibble Palace is stored away in her garage, and Priscilla (the truck) is outside waiting for me to get myself together and run some errands.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Pet posts are now appearing in Family camping and Trailers.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman