cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wendy's and the Collies

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Every Sunday I go to Wendy's for a breakfast sandwich. Wendy's always give them a piece of bacon in the drive through. Now the Collies expect bacon at the bank and every other drive through.
12 REPLIES 12

Dernhelm
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
I am grateful for the EZPass toll transponders because toll booths always had my dogs wondering why the cheapskates didn't give treats.....LOL!!

I did meet one MA tollbooth keeper who offered a treat!

My dogs recognize both the local Carl's Jr. (that's Hardee's to y'all east and south) and Camping World. Lots of happy barks as soon as we hit the driveway. Both give treats!

CW is also air-conditioned and dog-friendly, very important here in the Southwest.
Dogmom, Railfan, Dancer
Co-Pilots: Nimrodel & Beren
DOTLs: Spcs. Bortan, Dernhelm & Erkenbrand, Rainbow Div. 11/11, 2/09, 1/14
Jayco 17Z, GMC Yukon, GMC Canyon
There's a whole pack waiting for me at the Bridge - I'll have to take a lot of tennis balls!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
LOL! Looks like Pavlov understood what he was doing!
For sure, in the morning first thing I do is fix a cup of coffee. The Collies and I then head to the shed for their breakfast. Now when I stir cream into my coffee it likes a dinner bell.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
There's method in there madness. I use to go to MCD and Hardies, but since the Collies don't get a treat there I now use Wendy's just about most of the time.

I think MCD uses kids the same way, LOL

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I am grateful for the EZPass toll transponders because toll booths always had my dogs wondering why the cheapskates didn't give treats.....LOL!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Sidecar the Collies like everyone as well, our mailman makes a point to give them a dog biscuit. All the dogs in the neighborhood like the mailman and eagerly wait his arrivel. I'm a strong believer in socialization so they are friendly towards others.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
As big and imposing as our chow / lab mix is, he loves everyone from the mail carrier to the Fed-Ex guy and UPS too. He knows he will get a treat from all of them and he waits patiently at the fence (he's in a fenced front yard) for his 'biscuit'

Never soiled the back seat with his 'burger'. It never gets that far (seat). Always consumed in one bite, maybe 2. When e see's I'm driving into the Golden Arches, he's sitting up, ears erect, waiting for the drive through and his burger. Some attendants are a little hesitant because he looks imposing but I always assure them he's a big muffin. He's laying next to me right now, snoring.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! Looks like Pavlov understood what he was doing!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Our Aussum Shepherd, Goof even got lucky last week at the toll booth for the Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel. He got a seagull shaped dog biscuit.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
:B Thanks for the chuckle. I bet it didn't take them long to learn that.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I order them a hamburger or the crispy chicken from the value menu if I go through for lunch. We wait until we get home to eat that.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is Funny...good training! Just let them know at the other drive-thru's what your "kids" expect!! ๐Ÿ™‚
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Thats funny but true. We have a Chow Lab cross. Name is Quincy ans he goes about 114 pounds, solid black and looks the part though he's a big baby. Just a big boned dog but a dog that likes the drive through an McDees. I always order him a plain burger, nothing on it but the bun, no wrapper either. I get my order and roll down the back window in the truck and he gets his take out. Always takes it nice, he's not grabby. Problem is, at every drive through he thinks he's getting his burger and that can be an issue at times.

Sorry I taught him that.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB