Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
I'm wondering if we should also have a sticky that lets us post obituaries & pics of our dearly departed pets? Maybe a "Rainbow Bridge" sticky? It would be sad and happy. It is very sad when a pet dies. And many of us tell the rest of the group when one of our pets does die. Telling others is one way to grieve. There have been a number of posts lately about dear pets that have died. And the stories are very difficult to read. And yes, our heart tugs with every tale.

A thread that would let us tell of our pet, and post a picture, would be a way to memorialize the RV pets that have travelled to the other side.
Simple ground rules.
1. Posts are limited to individual pet "obituaries" and no personal replies please as they will be deleted without explanation.

2. Pictures exceeding 640 pixels width or 480 pixels in height will be edited to comply within those dimensions.

if you have any questions, free to send me a private message

==========================================================================

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The above in a Rainbow Bridge "flash" movie
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP
243 REPLIES 243

Wxguru
Explorer
Explorer
I lost my gorgeous Pit Bull "Abie" on March 5th, 2008. She was a wonderful girl with lots of spunk, and was so nice to people. I would have loved to show her to everyone we met, so they would see that the breed isn't as bad as they are made out to be.
She was a little over 1 1/2 years old, and it has been very tough on me. I love her very much, and can't wait to meet her again on this side of that bridge. I also requested that the Lord have her meet me at the pearly gates when I cross over.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Bighorn, 6.7L CTD
2011 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28A+KS
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Laramie, 6.7L CTD--Owned 1 week!
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X2, 5.7L HEMI--Retired Dec 2012

otis-agnes
Explorer
Explorer
Here's Piggy who died a couple months ago. Agnes

Otis, Agnes and Penny & Twinkie (our rescue pups)
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2019 Ford F250

trxcr
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna be a tough day today. Long may you run girl.

Lord, grant me the senility to not recognize the people I don't like, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
My dear friend, Akira, left me in June of 2007. After my husband died Akira became my "protector" and constant companion. Living out in the country, Akira greeted people I didn't know with his warning bark. I always felt safe when he was around. His cancer became too much for him and I couldn't see him in pain any longer. Akira, I don't know what I would have done without you. Good bye, dear buddy...

Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

dieselmec
Explorer
Explorer
I am so sorry for your loss my maggie crossed the bridge on jan.22,2008 you will see them again one day at the bridge.
God Bless

William
Live Simply,Love Generously,Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave The Rest To God! (In Our Heart's Forever Our Companion Maggie.)

Frank_Renae
Explorer
Explorer
Dino & Peppin

Dino was chestnut colored mutt. He looked like a small bear with his black muzzle that faded into his chestnut colored face and his little floppy ears. He was best fiends with Peppin a black lab-Springer mix. Peppin was a water dog -- she would pull you across the street to walk through a puddle.

On February 2 we discovered that Dino had a very large tumor on his spleen. Since he was 13 and the prognosis was not good, we had him put down on February 3.

Peppin has been suffering from arthritis for the past couple of years but she still got around. She has missed Dino and yesterday she was having trouble walking. This morning she went to join Dino.

As we were coming home from the vet, I suddenly had the image of Dino standing in a field of daisies, then he was joined by Peppin. They then started romping around and playing making up for the short time they had been apart.

We will miss them.
Frank now without Renae
KZ Montego Bay 37CKM
2007 Dodge 3500HD DDW

Three cats -- Sunkist, Topaz, & Amber
One dog -- Rascal
Started Full Timing since March 26, 2008:)

JTMO
Explorer
Explorer
Angel in the post office
Someone is real special in Tuscon, and some little girl is touched. From the best of Craigslist.....
Cedar Creek 27LRLS 7359 dry with extensive options/7700+ loaded.
2003 Expedition 5.4 FX4 with factory Tow 3.73 Bilstein shocks. GCVWR 14500, Tow rating with no cargo 8650
Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy, Barker Electric jack. Coachnet ERS
Rallies=14
My travel albums

Shotgun
Explorer
Explorer

Katie Lady

14 yrs old. missed her sister Lilly so much that she gave up and joined her over the bridge.

2-28-2008
Hunting is not a hobby. It is much more life sustaining than that.
Dale-pilot, Jeanette-co-pilot
Electrician since 1978

2003 30' Sprinter 5er
2001 Dodge CTD

dieselmec
Explorer
Explorer
And This Is Her Resting Place
Live Simply,Love Generously,Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave The Rest To God! (In Our Heart's Forever Our Companion Maggie.)

dieselmec
Explorer
Explorer
this is a photo of my maggie she crossed the bridge on jan.22,2008 i miss her very much.

William

Kanyonkitty
Explorer
Explorer

This is Hop, July 22, 1990 to February 28, 2008
She was dropped off in a parking lot in NJ when she was about 10 days old, my son found her. We immediately took her to the vet, who said she had pneumonia. Being so young, he said "If we treat her, we can kill her, BUT if we don't treat her, she WILL die". So we treated her. She lived in a little knit hat, fed with a teeny bottle, and had to have her eyes washed with warm compresses whenever she woke up so they could open. Every weekend we had to travel from South Jersey to West Virginia as we were in the propcess of building a new home in WV. She pulled thru, and was such a love bug, but she never grew to really look like an adult cat, everyone always thought she was about 6 to 8 months old. I will miss her dearly. She now joins my dear Brandi, where they wait at the Rainbow Bridge.

Kitty
Deep wedgewood blue '99 7.3L PSD F-350 Super Duty crew cab long bed dually or wedgewood blue '97 F-350 7.3L PSD crew cab longbed SRW, Member: Sunlineclub.com Rescue a retired Greyhound, greyt calm low maintenance traveling companions

dieselmec
Explorer
Explorer
Maggie's gone we had to put her to sleep on feb.22,2008 so hard to write this for the tear's but i know i will see her again at the rainbow bridge.will try to post picture later.

giatocj
Explorer
Explorer
This is my Jackson who passed in 2000 at the age of just under 6 years old. He is still missed SO much.

My world consists of 1 boyfriend, 1 grandson and a Bernese Mountain Dog named Tucker!

ferretgrandpa
Explorer
Explorer
Zachary Tiberius, born June 14, 2000, passed away February 11, 2008. He was preceded in death by his brother Thumper The, cousins Bambi and Fletcher. He leaves 2 cousins, Houdini and Snickles. He will be missed by all.
Medical reasons took us off the road
98 GMC 2500
RBW Lil Rocker 15K
08 Flagstaff 8526 RLS

Shotgun
Explorer
Explorer

Dale's Chocolate Candy aka Lilly,
4/08/01- 2/02/08

Lilly, my girl, meet up with Knight Rider, and I have fun until I come to join you.
Hunting is not a hobby. It is much more life sustaining than that.
Dale-pilot, Jeanette-co-pilot
Electrician since 1978

2003 30' Sprinter 5er
2001 Dodge CTD