cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My new rescue!..pic pg. 2

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
We have a local pet connection here in our area and I get to see their activities on FB.
Back in early April I saw a 12 year old white Poodle, they called him Chep...more on this later.

Being in Florida I didn't think I'd have much luck adopting him but I was hopeful. After all he was 12 so there wouldn't be a lot of takers but having owned Poodles in the past I knew as long as he was healthy I could give him so very good retired years.

We got home from snow birding on May 4th so I contacted them as I had already sent in an app and wanted to know if I could meet him.

They told me I was approved and told me all about Chep and his medical which was really good, the only thing he needed was a dental so they gave him that.

They raved about what a good boy he was and how playful he was in his foster home.

So we set up a time for the home inspection and a meet and greet with our Lucy & Bubba for Friday.

Every one got along really well, they approved of our home and fencing so I signed the papers, gave them the check and am now a happy Momma to a 12 year old Poodle named Csepki (not Chep) I found this out in his papers.

He was raised in a loving home with an elderly lady who had a stroke and there were no family members that were able or willing to take him.

I'm wondering if Csepki is Polish maybe and what the meaning could be?
I will research it but I was hoping someone might know.

Well that's my story for the day, it's been a very happy weekend for all of us and Bubba & Csepki have been bonding nicely!

I would love to post pics but I had a terrible time with photobucket, all my pics are there and when I tried to access it I had all sorts of invasions from weird websites and have had a lot of trouble online today...I have a nice pic on FB but I will have to try something else.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001
28 REPLIES 28

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on adopting a senior rescue - they're the BEST, aren't they?! Chepsky's adorable, and I'm glad I got you thinking about adopting a senior! :B I love the more mature dogs, especially when I know they still have several years of quality life ahead of them.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Chepsky's good, two syllables, and once it's in your head, it's easy to remember! Plus I don't have to open a new tab when I gotta write his name! ... :B

Pops

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
No problem Cat I know you would if u could!
Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
I see Pops was able to help, thanks!

I'm sorry Sher I had a busy evening yesterday. We had plans and before the game we had something unexpected come up.

He & Bubba are so cute together! I hope they are getting along well.

:B

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You for adopting a senior and he is one very good looking dog.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great looking family!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Very cute picture of your two dogs!
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
He answers to Chepsky, that's how I pronounce it, still have no idea what it stands for.
I want to sincerely thank Pops for posting the pic for me. I will be puter challenged until I get my issues with SONY resolved.

I have to say that I was inspired by xteacher to rescue this little guy, even though he doesn't come with the same issues as Sunny does, it certainly won't be like having one from a puppy.

He is very healthy so we are hoping for a long life like our last two poodles had at 17 & 18 years!

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Aww, he looks like one of Mark's lambs! So what name does he answer to? I can imagine the vet trying to spell and/or pronounce that one. :W Your boys look great together.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
OK Folks, Heeeeeeere's Bubba and .... (one sec, gotta open a new tab, ....) ... Csepki! ... :B

Pops

nana23
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations to you and the new "oldster". I love it when a pup gets to spend its last years as part of a wonderful family.

Eileen
Don, Eileen and our 4-legged "kids"
Sophie, Riley and Tessa with
Taz and Cody waiting at the Rainbow Bridge and always in our hearts

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
CatandJim wrote:
He is such a cute,sweet dog!! (I've seen his picture on Facebook).

I know he will love being part of your pack and you will love him! I am so happy for ALL of you! :B

Well done Chep, very well done!

Cat, can you grab the pic off FB and post it here for me!
I will be up an running again soon I hope, SONY is being pretty rotten.
Thanks if you can!

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Code2High wrote:
I use www.tinypic.com .

Easy peasy....always works for me.

will try that... whatever happened with photo bucket my hard drive bit the dust... again.
Thanks

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
congrats...adopting a senior is a real show of your true kindness...hope you have many good years together...my 2 poodle/terriers lived 19 and 20 yrs !