cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet Petey, our new addition

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
A co-worker of DW's had a neighbor that had an unwanted litter of Chihuahuas. They were offering the pups for free, so we "rescued" this one to be a companion to Missy. She is a joy, and very smart. already knows how to use the pet door, and is grasping the outside duties very well also. DW has a way with names. Missy is actually Cleopatra, alias MissC, but we call her "Missy". Petey's actual name is is Petunia. As you can see in the pictures, Missy isn't quite sure of this arrangement yet. (She's almost 5 years old), but we're hoping she learns to enjoy her soon. we're not forcing her on Missy, and we're just letting them work out the pecking order on their own, as we were advised to do by the Vet. Next camping trip, which will be Petey's first is Aug. 16-18. BTW, Missy is a long hair, and Petey is short hair.

Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze
16 REPLIES 16

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Cuties, both of them! Potsie (poodle) hated Maddie (westie/bichon) at first, but now they're BFFs - they sleep side-by-side and love to play chase around our bed (under and over the bed, too - lol!). Potsie tolerates Dempsey (boxer) too, which is the best we can hope for - lol! Fortunately, Maddie gets along with anyone, so she's not a problem, BUT she's definitely in charge (including the boxer!).

We never force a friendship, and just keep a close eye on all dogs, whenever we've gotten a new one. It usually takes awhile, but goes quicker if not forced.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

nana23
Explorer
Explorer
They are both beautiful. Congratulations on your new addition. They will be pals in no time.

Eileen
Don, Eileen and our 4-legged "kids"
Sophie, Riley and Tessa with
Taz and Cody waiting at the Rainbow Bridge and always in our hearts

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thats_Ok wrote:
Petunia\Petey = a sweety!

Very cute!

I like it!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Petunia\Petey = a sweety!

Very cute!

kokosfriend
Explorer
Explorer
It takes a while, but they will make it - very cute dogs

Barb and the 4 chocolates
Barb and the 4 chocolates

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
It took our rescues about a year before they were really pals and watched out for each other. Give it time and I'm sure they will be great friends. (We had male/female.)

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
both of your fur babies are gorgeous...

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Very cute! Gotta love those ears! :B

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
It took Jimmy several days to figure out that Ben belonged to us, but now they are inseparable!!!
Congrats on your new addition to the family!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Too cute!

Pops

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Oh wow, some people have all the luck! Both of your girls are adorable! Our Poquita was 6 years old before DH finally relented and let us get a second chi-x puppy. Poquita tolerated the pup, Rosie, very well, but they never played or slept together. Even so, the puppy was good company for the older one and kept her engaged and active much longer than she probably would've been, until Poquita passed at age 15½. I hope you have many happy years with both of yours.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Give me those EARS to HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
How darling. Don't rush it. Poor little Petunia needs a mentor from MissC so I hope that happens soon. She is so young, having an older one to be able to cuddle up to would go a long way for her, but you are right, they have to work it out.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
I think they're adorable and I'll bet Petey is head over heels before too
long.
Thanks for adopting this little girl and please keep us updated.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001