cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light hearted topic

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
While visiting some friends last Saturday I took my Collies with me to Texas. It was for a Wake for lack of better term for a friend that passed from esophageal cancer.

The Collies were in the back yard running and playing. My friends grandchildren were in the house afraid to come outside because of the Collie’s ( one had been bit by a small dog in the face). After about a hour they couldn't take it anymore and slowly ventured outside but would run back in when the Collies got close.

This went on for a little while then they got brave enough to pet Sawyer. It wasn't long before they were all playing together and having a blast.

When it came time for the grandchildren to go home they had to go hug the Collies to say goodbye.

I was especially proud of Sawyer for not jumping on them in play. He was extremely gentle although he outweighs them by a considerable margin. I supervised all play outside to make sure they didn't get to rough.
5 REPLIES 5

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Way to win 'em over, Sawyer!! I can't say the same for Augie yet - his energy level is just too much for non-dog people....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
It's a great feeling when one of your dogs helps a child get over their fear of dogs. Jake is a laid back chill dog who doesn't present as aggressive, dominant or anything. He's helped a number of people get over their fears.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Now Sasha my youngest Collie 9 months hid behind my chair. She didn't like the children when they were loud. If they were calm she would let them pet her.

dturm
Bravo Sawyer.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Like!!