cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting dog names

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw the best name for a dog in another section on here. It was a long hair mini Dachshund named Zamboni.
We had a long coat Chihuahua that I got to name for a change. He was Chimichanga, Chimi for short.
Puma 30RKSS
32 REPLIES 32

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Had a rescue that we named Serendipity. Dictionary gives this: "the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way."

Sara for short. Was a great dog.....
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Seon wrote:
I named her "Bella Rosa".

You need to take that beautiful baby to Pismo next weekend. There will be Bull Terriers from several nearby states at the weekend gathering. It starts Sat morning at the park just to the left before you get to the 7-11 at the end of town off Dolliver. Maybe we'll see you there and Bella can meet Ernie.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
My mom bred and raised Boston Terriers. When the buyers were choosing the puppys call name she always advised them to choose a name with 2 syllables with. 2 hard consonants.
Trainers often, especially for service dogs, use foreign language or nonsense command words so that for instance for a salvage car junk yard 'good dog ' meant bite me after sundown.
Qonsequentjy, all our companion pets have distinct common call names common to nick names for people.
Our companion dogs are trained with a nonsense word to not approach someone or their pet.
No is understood by almost all , is Noplayjiggy ours know it.

Y-Guy
Seon, is that a Bull Terrier, puppy? Very cute.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
I named her "Bella Rosa".

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We've decided our new Gordon setter is going to be named Tullemore Dew, Tully for short.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Mixed Poodle named Spook.
Lab named Harvey, many years before the movie E.T..
Cocker Spaniel named Zone Dog.
Poodle named Obadiah, Obie for short.
Currently have a Chihuahua named (kind of common) Daisy.

Y-Guy
Growing up our Wire Fox Terrier was "Chicky" short for Chiquita Theresa which my parents said was Spanish for Little Terrier, close but not exactly. Our Wire Foxes have all had S names; Shadow, Scout, Sarge & Sully, then again all of our names are S names.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a dog, but had a cat we called Martha Raye. Had a loud meow and used it often.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not politically correct but never thought anything of it at the time:

As a kid, we had an Irish Setter. It was the runt of the litter and a female, so the breeder didn't feel comfortable selling it and gave it to my Mom.

The breeder referred to her as such and we didn't change it. We called her Little Bit for short.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
I rescued a dog last year, named him "RV" - pronounced "Harvey"
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we adopted Maggie the Wonder Beagle in 2015. she is a joy.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob. Yep. We had to have something different. We wondered what our camping group would think if my wife had to yell out "Bob! Quit peeing in the motorhome! Get outside." 17-1/2 years of joy and still getting around.

chops1sc
Explorer
Explorer
My dad was a firefighter for over 20 years. Well, they ALL loved the soap operas and my dad named all of our pets after characters from Days of Our Lives, LOL!

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Our dog was named Joy. Stopped at a motel in Winnemucca NV for the night. Went out about six am with Joy to do her business. As I stepped out of the room a lady next door did too. Dog runs over to greet her, I said, Joy, come here. Lady with eyes as big as saucers said is the dogs name Joy? I said yes and she said, "so is mine!!"
That was several years ago and I still laugh, I hope she does too.
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.