cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campground is filled with kids

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently at Fort Casey SP on Whidbey Island, WA for a few days. We decided to leave our home "Sheltering in Place" for a bit of an escape. The CG is filled with kids, with schools closed, it makes for a great escape for them also.

The weather is sunny and warm, most people are outside, walking, beach-combing, and bike riding. Of course maintaining appropriate distances? I'm glad that we are self-contained.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L
4 REPLIES 4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Very interesting stuff - I've always been a bit of a architecture buff at heart. We visited the cultural center at Ft Warden just last fall. It's a shame more people don't enjoy that sort of thing more (or museums in general) but the low attendance sure makes it nice for those of us that do.

Hope you have a great time!

Scott

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
We loved that area, were there several times. It brings back a memory. We crossed to Port Townsend sitting in the truck, they packed us in so tight we couldn't open the doors. When we disembarked I could not find my wallet! Oh ****, no licence, no credit cards. Nothing! I figured I dropped it on the ramp at Coupeville. Now what? We got out to walk around and assess our situation and it reappeared like magic, dw was sitting on it!

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, when we made reservations, the CG was nearly filled and we got site #10 against the hill and near the beach, with no hookups. Even though we live on the water, this place is also one of our favorites. It's our anniversary, and we had hoped to go the The Front Street Grill in Coupeville for mussels, but they are closed.

I love the old forts. In 1970 I worked for an architect and lived in Port Townsend for the summer. We were working with the WA State Parks, and the WA State Arts Commission to help convert Ford Worden into a cultural center. We had the original linen drawings, and I loved to discover the design and construction from 1896. An ultimate government boon-doggle, but it did keep the Spanish out of Puget Sound.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yay!! I like this.
Were you able to get one of the hookup spots?
Always liked that place. Fun to see the ferrys come and go right in front of you and wander through the fort.

Any sites left?

Scott