cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winterizing after MH has been sitting

RVerDiane
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't posted in awhile so if this is in the wrong place, please let me know.

My MH was winterized 2 years ago. Should I repeat the process or is the antifreeze that's in the line still ok?

Thank you.
Diane
Madison, WI
'94 Horizon 21 1/2'
towing '04 Honda CRV
5 REPLIES 5

RVerDiane
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. I did have the gas drained and put in new. I had put in Stab-bil but didn't want to take any chances.

I will add to drains and toilet then. If time, I will redo. I'do feel better.
Diane
Madison, WI
'94 Horizon 21 1/2'
towing '04 Honda CRV

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
RVerDiane wrote:
I haven't posted in awhile so if this is in the wrong place, please let me know.

My MH was winterized 2 years ago. Should I repeat the process or is the antifreeze that's in the line still ok?

Thank you.

a previous motorhome sat for nearly 3-years due to family problems. it had been winterized and re-do it apart from adding some to the sink p-traps and to the toilet to keep the seal moist. I was worried about the fuel even though I had added Sta-Bil to the tank so i took it for a long drive once or twice during this period of inactivity to burn off some of that stale gas which was then replaced with fresh gas and Sta-Bil. when we were finally able to use the MH again we found the plumbing (as well as everything else) to be in good shape.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Should be just fine.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d be worry more about the fuel system, not good to sit that long. and if it was my rv I,d do it all over again. things dry out.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
At a minimum I would pour some antifreeze into the drains. If they dry out that could lead to odor problems.