cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no soap?

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You know sometimes whey you are camping there is enough time in the day to contemplate some of the various mysteries in life. A few years ago I started to wonder why many many public campgrounds don't have hand soap in their bathrooms? I've even went so far as to ask a host why, and was told they were instructed to remove anything left behind in the bathroom.

So I'm curious, does anybody have any idea why the management would either not supply soap, or instruct the staff to remove any soap left behind?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup
23 REPLIES 23

EgorKC
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
theft mostly, cost is next, and those that just roll it all off and jam the toilets, or trash the restroom. Having Mom to clean it all up was a good idea, but what she really needed was a belt to beat some butts with. Its amazing how many modern people can use the Internet, but don't know how to flush a toilet. Just work as a camp host for a week, and you opinions will take a big change. Lots of men are really nasty, but my DW who cleans the ladies room, says that Women are the nastiest. I can't say, but I know about the men's.

As a teenager I worked in a bowling alley. One of the duties included cleaning bathrooms, 2 Womens and 2 Mens. I did this part time (4-5 days) for a year. Your wife speaks the truth. The mens bathrooms were a challenge. The womens were a nightmare.

My appetite has suddenly left me.

Greg
You cannot stop growing old but you don't have to grow up. 🙂
Chef/Pilot
DW/Navigator
2 Sons, 1 DIL, 3 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter. Boz the cat:)
2012 F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4 SWD Crewcab.
2012 Wildcat 313RE-OK

WishWeWereCampi
Explorer
Explorer
I think that sometimes moms take their little boys into the ladies rooms and the little ones pee all over the seat...can't really see a woman doing that...

I used to have to clean bathrooms at a fast food joint before closing up at a fast food place, the men's bathrooms were definitely the worst. Glad I don't have to do that any more.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Zman300 wrote:
downtheroad wrote:
State park host (OR) told us that someone took all the toilet seats in one of the restrooms.....!!!!!!!!!!!

The Police are investigating, but, they have nothing to go on.

I see what you did there
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Zman300
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
State park host (OR) told us that someone took all the toilet seats in one of the restrooms.....!!!!!!!!!!!

The Police are investigating, but, they have nothing to go on.
No RV at the moment.
Looking to hit the road in a year or two.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Makes you wonder what these offenders bathrooms look like in their own home!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
RVs are self contained
CG bathrooms have 'facilities' for campers use...toilets/showers/sinks BUT one needs to bring their own soap/shampoo/towels/shave cream/razors/combs-brushes/toothpaste etc.

OR
Just use your RVs facilities as intended

Dirtiest bathrooms.......
Have only used 'womens' bathroom on few occasions because mens was closed
BUT the majority of mens that I have used are nasty. Gas stations/restaurants/grocery stores/department stores/malls etc
NASTY.
Have to pull pants legs UP around ones knees before sitting down and that is only after wiping seat down with wet towels then dry towels

Sorry to say.....but men are NASTY when it comes to public bathrooms
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
theft mostly, cost is next, and those that just roll it all off and jam the toilets, or trash the restroom. Having Mom to clean it all up was a good idea, but what she really needed was a belt to beat some butts with. Its amazing how many modern people can use the Internet, but don't know how to flush a toilet. Just work as a camp host for a week, and you opinions will take a big change. Lots of men are really nasty, but my DW who cleans the ladies room, says that Women are the nastiest. I can't say, but I know about the men's.

One of my first-ever jobs included cleaning the public restrooms at the end of the shift. Women were by far the worst offenders when it came to trashing the facilities. No contest.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Scottiemom wrote:
Here in the Rio Grande Valley, at least at one Mexican flea market (Pulga) there is no toilet paper . . . period. Not even dispensers for it. After the first time, I learned to carry my own. They don't have any paper towels either. . . obviously.

Dale

That's why pants end up with a pocket torn out of them or your underwear get left behind. I suppose no one would notice a persons socks missing either. 🙂

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Lots of men are really nasty, but my DW who cleans the ladies room, says that Women are the nastiest. I can't say, but I know about the men's.

Funny you say this. My mom owns a retail store, and I also have a couple friends that own restaurants and they say the same thing. I would never believe it without people I trust telling me almost word for word the same thing. Weird. I always have said, if I maintained a public bathroom it would be floor to ceiling tile, a big drain in the center, and a 2" hose connection. Spray it down with a garden sprayer full of disinfectant and hose it down. After raising two boys, I kinda wish I did that at home too. :R

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Here in the Rio Grande Valley, at least at one Mexican flea market (Pulga) there is no toilet paper . . . period. Not even dispensers for it. After the first time, I learned to carry my own. They don't have any paper towels either. . . obviously.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
It wasn't camping but I recently attended an outdoor event with "Port-A-Pots." These are generic with a sit down or a stand up urinal. Why would anyone think throwing toilet paper in the urinal was a good idea? Having a motor home we never use rest areas or campground rest rooms. Jim.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is also a lot more sanitary. We always took our own soap and towels to cg washrooms, some were pretty questionable.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Lots of men are really nasty, but my DW who cleans the ladies room, says that Women are the nastiest.

I cleaned the restrooms at Wendy's while I was in high school and college. You would not believe some of the things I've seen in the ladies' room. Much worse than anything I've encountered in the men's room.

And, to restore one's faith in humanity, on a recent trip to a state park campground I bolted into a stall with an urgent need to, er, evacuate. Once the evacuation was underway I noticed that the giant roll of TP supplied by the park was EMPTY!! A split second later I noticed that some kind soul had left their own roll of TP atop the dispenser. That person is a true American hero.

As an aside, said state park supplies TP and hand soap. But, the hand soap comes out as foam via one of those motion detectors. Tough to steal.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)