cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's the one thing that you have but hardly EVER use?

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
For me it's the Genturi... Used it once so far and have had it for 4 years :S. Oh yeah, and the toaster!
Proud father of a US Marine
94 REPLIES 94

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
where to start , sat dish, carts for the Hondas, big recliners , enough chairs for the extended family as well as sleeping bags ,tents and outdoor games like horseshoes, ladder toss, corn hole, bocci , downsizing really opened our eyes lol
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The bumper sewer hose storage, outdoor shower and spare tire. Oddly, all at the back of our camper.

O, and maybe the spouse... Easier to just do stuff myself (like dumping the tanks, setting up the sat dish, that sort of thing). Nothing replacement with something more modern wouldn't fix, lol! Next time I'm in a CW store, I'll look around and what's new and improved. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oops, that's 4 things. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
50 amp Male > 30 amp Female Dogbone.

Lol... I had to borrow one of those on my last trip because the 30amp plug wasn't working.. I will probably get one "just in case "

I bought one based on advice here. Have yet to run into a severely abused 30 amp jack.
I used mine when the pedestal would not allow me to plug in both my 30 amp and 20 amp cords. I use the 20 amp for outdoors electric. Now have a seperate 20 amp input supplying a seperate interior receptical to spread the power usage. Coffee maker or toaster plus microwave plus air conditioning can equal tripped breaker.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
TV, microwave. We don't use the hot water heater much. Just heat water on the stove. Most showers are in a campground or RV park.

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
DVD player, not even sure it works. We do use the TV though, news, weather,and such before bedtime.
We actually use the oven, not always, but some homemade pizza on a rainy day is pretty sweet.
Also, for the most part, the 300-some piece crafstman tool kit, only used it once and it's a successful trip when it doesn't come out of the storage bin.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
The Andersen Levelers.
We used to use them all the time, but then just reverted back to boards/blocks. Neat concept, but theyโ€™re not very stable for larger rigs unless you put boards underneath them...then whatโ€™s the point LOL. We also donโ€™t use any level bubbles...just set a 2 foot level on the floor when setting up.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Genturi and 10ft power cord extension, but would not think of traveling without either.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh water hoses! but i know if i take them out ill need then!

I try to go through the camper before every trip. If its just local i don't bring a lot. If were headed out for a week ill bring everything and the kitchen sink.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
The CD player -- my daughter used it once when we first got the camper, it hasn't been used since. Actually, the radio has rarely been used. I usually use it once a year when winterizing the camper.

We use the oven in the camper for dessert - apple turnovers or cookies. That is about all we ever use it for (besides storing plates in it).

When I think about it, we hardly ever use the microwave.

I guess what we really never use are the storage bins that slide under the rear bed. They are blocked by the support for the bed corner which has to be lifted out of the way. It is a pain, and I think there might be an umbrella in one of the drawers - not sure, haven't opened them in a few years!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Some of these are repeats...

Stand Alone Ice Maker, prefer to bring ice from home or just go get a bag.

In the different strokes dept., we found this to be the second most useful appliance in the bus when we were on the road. A 10 lb bag of ice takes up 1/3 of our freezer. With this, we make enough to fill up a 1 gallon Zip-Lock and stick that on a freezer door shelf.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
olfarmer wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
Tire changing tools, God I hope I never use them.
Jeep rear seat, 12 years never have installed it.
but we might

I agree, have a jack, tire changing tools, etc. and I hope I never use them!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I finally used my bottle jack. I had to drop the water tank to take care of some rodent damage and used the jack to get the tank back into position.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
We've never used our microwave except for storage, we do use the propane oven.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
Tire changing tools, God I hope I never use them.
Jeep rear seat, 12 years never have installed it.
but we might

I agree, have a jack, tire changing tools, etc. and I hope I never use them!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Common sense....
:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Outside appliance/fixtures. Don't watch TV or listen to radio outside....

Thank You.....Sincerely, your neighbors.