cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the Passport America plan

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We found a sorta neat, new RV park in the edge of the N Georgia mtns yesterday. Nothing fancy just FHU 50 amp with a bath house. Small place, concrete pads, wide sites - some on a small river and others in the open. They say there regular price is 50 dollars, but with PA it is 25. I am not sure it is worth the 44 fee to join PA for a couple of times there per summer.
Tell me more about PA please
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
44 REPLIES 44

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just love PA. We mostly use it for overnight stops and on this year's winter trip we saved $142 with it, with the biggest savings in Florida. They keep sending you special deals for renewals and a month ago we got a super deal on a lifetime membership, so we got it.
They're not the fanciest places but it's our first choice when on the road.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Horsedoc wrote:
We found a sorta neat, new RV park in the edge of the N Georgia mtns yesterday. Nothing fancy just FHU 50 amp with a bath house. Small place, concrete pads, wide sites - some on a small river and others in the open. They say there regular price is 50 dollars, but with PA it is 25. I am not sure it is worth the 44 fee to join PA for a couple of times there per summer.
Tell me more about PA please

What is the name of this park?

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Each park can set their own rules. While some eliminate weekends and holidays, the rules vary widely. We've spent lots of weekends under the program.

Where we have found it useful is long term travel. It's best for stays of 1-3 nights but we've used it for a week at a few parks when we meet the rules.

If you only travel locally to 1 park, you are going to need to read the rules for that park closely to see if you can utilize it (might be worth a call to the park to get their thoughts on repeated use).

It's cheap enough that you only need a few nights to break even.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Be very careful to see which sites in the camp are available for PA discount. PA camps also have the discretion to assign only certain sites for the discount.
They may be already filled, poorly serviced, or nearly impossible to level in.
GIMIC101 get you in, bait and switch Why would a quality camp give it away for less than cost?

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We renewed our membership late February and we already saved $106 over the $44 membership cost. We expect to save considerably more when we hit the road for our 7K to 8K mile road trip in a couple of months.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Each RV park owner has their own rules, you just have to read their fine print. We stayed several days, including the weekend at a place near Glacier National Park in September. We got our membership fee back due to the discounts from this one RV park.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
Discount don't apply everyday. Most are weekdays only, not in 'high season', and usually are not valid the days you want.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks guys, I figured it was something like that. Apparently this is not advertised very much. I had seen it mentioned but didn't know details. I expect the reason they had a lot of people there yesterday was the 50% deal
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had this for many years, but quit due to the increasing number RV parks that would not allow it to be used, during certain times & days of the year...IMO with the number of new RVer's due to the Covid thing, it is only to get worst.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might also want to check to see what other discounts are available. We found many places that were listed with PA also gave comparable discounts with AARP or AAA memberships.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
PA is the only discount program that pays for itself in a reasonable time period.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We've used PA and just two nights using their discount is well worth the initial membership investment.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

jk31668
Explorer
Explorer
usually only good on weekdays

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
50% off daily rate
If rate is $50 and PA Rate is $25 then use it twice and you have paid for th $44/yr fee
(2x @$50+$100------$44 + 2x @$25 = $94....SAVE $6 after that you would save 50% not only at that CG but others that accept the PA discount)

*Each CG has their own restrictions/limitations on when/how many nights etc

For $44/yr....it helps cut CG costs

PA Website
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

elwood58
Explorer
Explorer
PA is a whole network of RV parks country wide that offer one or more nights at half price. We think it is very worth it, but we travel for several weeks every summer.
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C