cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Is It?

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Found this hanging in a lamp post hook at a campground. EDIT:OK wise guys, hand is for scale (but you knew that).

What is it?

2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)
18 REPLIES 18

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were at Buccaneer State Park MS 2 weeks ago when a truck and Airstream pulled in next to us but never unhooked. I'm up early and they were gone, so I figured it was an overnight for them and didn't think much more about it.
My wife noticed a plant on their former picnic table so I went over and got it. I watered it and left it on our picnic table in the shade for someone else to enjoy when we left the next morning.
You can imagine my horror when we got back later and there they were, all unhooked and set up.
Evidently they hadn't noticed the plant was now on our table, so I manned up and went over and knocked on the door. We all got a good laugh and chatted for a while. It turns out that the only Airstream dealer in MS is nearby in Gulfport and they had some warranty issues to be repaired hence the non hookup. Theyhgad left the plant out as it was supposed to rain.
It was the funniest way I've ever met anybody camping.
Puma 30RKSS

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bipeflier wrote:

So you took something from a campground that does not belong to you.
:R

DID I SAY I TOOK IT?

I saw it hanging in an unoccupied site.

Unbunch your panties.

You took someones roach clip, shame on you. :B

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer

DID I SAY I TOOK IT?

I saw it hanging in an unoccupied site.

Unbunch your panties.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a lost piece of Paul Bunyan's fly fishing tackle box. Please notify the Smithsonian, it will complete their display.
Puma 30RKSS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bipeflier wrote:
Found this hanging in a lamp post hook at a campground. EDIT:OK wise guys, hand is for scale (but you knew that).

What is it?

The picture is so small that it's hard to see. I wonder if it was part of a sign that said something like "The Griswold's Are Here". Many people try to personalize their campsites and maybe they left this thing behind by accident. Or,, because it broke and they gave up and threw it away.

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Milk crate. Yea! Now that was an absolutely great topic that will go down in the annals of RV.net. Everyone had opposite opinions and everyone was absolutely right. Probably one of the greatest threads ever.

OMG, have no idea how I missed that thread but did a search and found it. What a hilarious thread. One for the ages. :B

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
It is a clip for a hitch pin that slipped past the cutting machine during manufacture. One in a gazillion - probably highly collectable and worth lots and lots of money.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
It is an ornament hangar for a giant Christmas tree.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Milk crate. Yea! Now that was an absolutely great topic that will go down in the annals of RV.net. Everyone had opposite opinions and everyone was absolutely right. Probably one of the greatest threads ever.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Donโ€™t turn this into another โ€œI found a milk crate, should I keep it?โ€ topic.

Looks like a former coat hanger to me. Who cares what it is, it could poke a childโ€™s eye out if you left it hanging there. If you donโ€™t take it, youโ€™re not thinking of the children.

There, fixed it.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Bipeflier wrote:

What is it?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is a hanger I'm not sure what was HUNG (possibly a lamp) but it's a hanger.

Basicaly that is a giant christmas tree orinment hanger So it likely held a light or light ball or some such.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
tree branch lantern hanger thingy....?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s a hand with a bent piece of wire. The owner of the hand probably isnโ€™t too happy though!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!