cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, they're put away....

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
We finally had a break in the seemingly non-stop rain yesterday that we have had here for weeks now after record breaking heat this summer. We took the opportunity to take the fiver and boat to indoor storage. 😞

As much as I'm happy that they are dry and clean inside, it sure is a depressing thing to do. We didn't get to use them as much as usual this year due to many wildfires, and campgrounds that were constantly full. Oh well, hopefully next year will be better and relaxing COVID restrictions will mean campgrounds will have some space.

Come on spring!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes
2 REPLIES 2

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
blofgren wrote:
We didn't get to use them as much as usual this year due to campgrounds that were constantly full. Oh well, hopefully next year will be better and relaxing COVID restrictions will mean campgrounds will have some space.

A wise man once told me that "hope" was not a strategy.
If I was you i would start reserving now for next summer to ensure they have a space for you.
I know I am....
2010 Suncruiser

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Here, here! We got 2 "big" trips in this year but they were shadows of what would have been done in normal years. And like you, it's a sad day to retire the RV for the winter...we did that last weekend.

Good news is we've already booked a trip in 2022...and barely got campsites as people are booking really early (like we did...so I'm part of that!).