cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, They gone and done it

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
No resturarnts are open, and if I see another burger I might go screaming into the night.
But now they really done it.
They closed all the Barber Shops and Styling places...and my hair is gettin per neer long as my wife's.
Don't think a blonde/brownb afro on a whitish Native American would go to good.
Who has the longest hair how?
Are you combingit or just au natural?
By this time next month I will have to get some bell bottoms and clodhoppers.I bet I got a pair of shoes from the seventies, at home.

Peace Baby!
49 REPLIES 49

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
I have been cutting DH’s hair for about 40 years. I do a pretty good job. Only problem is arthritis in my hands is making it more difficult now, takes a little longer, and a few more “oops”, luckily he is not particular.
Great thread, made me laugh out loud and no snarking!

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
one of the perks of being bald. only takes a minute or two to comb my hair with the razor. I've quit going to barber shops, I tell them it upsets me that they are done cutting my hair before I'm done talking

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put the #2 crop lifters on the self propelled and bzzzzt.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
My hair is getting ridiculous, lady that cuts it is playing Ostrich.

Every morning when I look in the mirror I can't help but sing " I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round ".

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
My last haircut was a buzz with a #3 comb, so while it is starting to look a bit shabby, it will be a long time before it is getting into my eyes!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
DW used to groom and show poodles. Haven't been to a barber shop in the last 2o-30- years.

I (Deb) have dog clippers and could cut Ed's hair if need be. But he's not overly-handy with power tools to start with, and the thought of him trimming MY hair leaves me squeamish....LOL!

Fortunately, about a week and a half ago, we were walking past a salon and there was nobody there. We both needed a trim anyway, so we decided to help out a local business. In hindsight - I'm SO glad we made that impromptu stop
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haven't been to the barber in 3 years... back then I had shoulder length very grey hair. My daughter and wife pointed out it made me look old and ridiculous when I tied it into a pony tail. During extended knee replacement surgeries {2} I shaved my head and they both said it looked good so I went back to it.

The Dollar Shave Club works for me and while I use a lot less shampoo I do use a lot more sunscreen... it all works out.

:B

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I complained to my barber (not stylist) about my hair growing too darned fast. The guy waiting for his turn told me to stop bitching. I looked over and he flipped me off (in good humor.) He looked like an old school monk with a 3/4 chrome dome and about 2" of hair around the bowl. His hair was about 4" long. At least he had a good sense of humor.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
But now you are ready for your comb-over years! :B

Now having to decide "man"Bun or ponytail.

Manbuns are hideous. Go with the ponytail.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Normal is high and tight. Now having to decide "man"Bun or ponytail.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
I get my haircut once or twice a year. I quit getting regular haircuts in 1976.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
You must have hair that grows like wolfman. It has only been less than 2 weeks since barber shops closed.

Hair typically grows about a half inch a month. I typically go a couple of months between haircuts and even then the main issue is just a furry neck.

I am glad your hair is your only complaint. Those of us in the NYC area have additional concerns. Store shelves are empty, hospitals and morgues are filling up and the number of dead is expected to top 10,000 within about 3 weeks.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
How to cut Mens Hair

I watched about 6 U-tube videos on how to cut Mens Hair and also the Wahl website.

We just replaced the old Wahl clippers before this virus lock down hit.

Cut DH hair last night with clippers and scissors for the 1st time. It came out really good. He said I will be cutting his hair from now on.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
My high school yearbook wouldn't print my senior picture. They considered it too radical for 1971. It still makes me laugh.
Puma 30RKSS

MrWizard
I cut my own hair , what there is of it !
I had a Ranger 48 tape player custom installed in my 68 Mustang, played both 4 track and 8 track tapes
Was never into beads and sandals
But did have a black light and posters at home
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s