cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well, The RV Is Gone

javaseuf
Explorer
Explorer
The new owner took possession tonight and away it went.
The sale allowed me to pay-off the new car and save $100.00/mo storage fee but there are sad feelings as well.
This was the RV and floor plan we picked for our late disabled daughter. Designed and built a slide-out patio deck for easier wheel chair access and many more mods for Jennifer. Life will go on but...........

Now it's time to finish the restoration of the Palomino hard-side PUP.
22 REPLIES 22

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Hello my friend! I haven't seen you in a while as I don't spend much time on these message boards any more. I hope you and your wife are doing well.

As you begin work on your pop up I hope you will think of your beloved daughter Jennifer often. Perhaps you can picture her smiling above you and hearing her quiet sigh of approval for what your future holds.

Hugs from Oklahoma.

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

javaseuf
Explorer
Explorer
You are all wonderful and valued friends.
Thanks for your kind words.

javaseuf
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
mlts22 wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I know it was hard to watch it go, but it might be better in the long run to have a different RV. Every time you would have taken out the old one it would have reminded you of your daughter

x2. I am not really that eloquent when it comes to stuff like this, so the above people have written quite well.
Well Another person sent me a PM that my comment might of been hurtful this was never my intent.

Never thought of it as hurtful at all.

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
Javaseuf, I can't imagine you and your wife's pain over the passing of your Jennifer. Best of wishes with the healing and the PUP.

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely, the old TT was a real and symbolic reminder of what you have lost as well as good times.

FWIW, I imagine your daughter doesn't really care about the old trailer all that much (probably cares more about you), and thinks you made the right decision and is probably happy to see you working on the new one.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
mlts22 wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I know it was hard to watch it go, but it might be better in the long run to have a different RV. Every time you would have taken out the old one it would have reminded you of your daughter

x2. I am not really that eloquent when it comes to stuff like this, so the above people have written quite well.
Well Another person sent me a PM that my comment might of been hurtful this was never my intent.

I don't know why someone would criticize your comment colliehauler.
Best wishes with moving on to Javaseuf............
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Collie, don't worry about it. Javaseuf is a rare person who understands what people mean despite how it's said. I'm sure he knew you meant the sadness associated with the loss of Jennifer, but not of her memory.

Javaseuf, you still serve as an inspiration to many of us. Jennifer's spirit will always be with you regardless of where you are or what vehicle you are in. Letting go of the physical is a sign you have accepted the horrible blow fate has dealt you and that you have the strength to keep going, just like she would have wanted. You have accepted the fact it's time to start the next chapter in your life and I look forward to hearing about your new adventures.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
mlts22 wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

When people pass, we all want to say something comforting. Sometimes things come out wrong, or are not taken the way it was intended. And it's more difficult with the internet where you don't have voice intonations or facial expressions to help interpret the context of a comment.

I know many times I have felt helpless - wanted to convey my condolences, and just didn't know what to say.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Javaseuf, The last time I saw you, you said it was time to sell. Hope you wife adapts to the pup. I know she said not but maybe.

I'll be out that way on Monday and I'll stop and say hi, there are a few things I need to replace after the break-in to the new towed.

The radiation is finished and I had my first PSA and it was <0.1. Dr. Said that ment there was no measurable PSA. I sure hope he is right because I never want to go thru that again, not that the treatment was bad but the after effects are.

See you next week.

Dave
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter! ๐Ÿ˜ž God bless you and your wife.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I echo the sentiments here and send you my heartfelt prayers and a virtual ((hug))! Jennifer will most certainly still be traveling with you... only on her OWN terms now with smiles all around! ๐Ÿ™‚ Just think of the joy you will have knowing that every beautiful sunset you see, every cute furry creature you see in the campground and every new adventure you experience will be spent with her right by your side egging you on to keep going!! God Bless you.

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
Losing a child is very sad!

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
You're suffering from a double loss. Losing our 18-yo son 10 years ago, was the catalyst for me traveling with DH. Now, I feel our youngest is traveling with us. Especially when we see a Dragonfly buzz nearby.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."