cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waxing the TT

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
So yes it is done. 2 yes 2 fun filled days in the back yard, and it looks like new. I was thinking when I got done. This thing is 6 years old, and it looks like it just got to the dealer's lot. Just shows. they don't have to look worn out, and faded. IF you take care of them.

However. I do need to replace a down spout, a storage door holder open, and the main door holder open.

BTW. Me Quires cleaner wax is GREAT. Easy on, and easy off. Restores the finish to show room shine. You could actually see the finish take on a deeper healthy color.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
20 REPLIES 20

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I wax mine, well actually I have waxed it at least a couple of times in 12 years.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last year I worked on mine. I had to strip off all the old wax and then I rubbed down the entire RV with Barkeepers Friend. Then 4 coats of wax.

After that I took a long trip with lots of bad weather, dust, rain and bugs. Usually I would stop at a wash station at least once. I never had the opportunity or time so I returned with the RV caked with dead bugs just as winter started. After months of snow and rain, most of the dead bugs were gone. I still stripped off the old wax and reapplied wax to the nose of the RV. The rest of the RV looked like it had just been waxed even before I washed it. There were no typical black streaks. The surface shined and the dirt just rinsed off. If I had washed off the dead bugs before they baked on for months, I suspect the entire RV would have still looked like freshly waxed even a year later.

I should not have to tell you what wax I used. There have been numerous forum threads about this wax.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
OK

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maintenance is the key; like in everything !
I do mine once a year and I wash and use a roof coating twice a year.
My last trailer was seven years old when we sold it and it looked like new and every thing it was in perfect shape.
The second person that looked at it bought it.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I do mine once a year. I used to do it twice, in the spring and fall. Now I barely have enough time to do it once. And I need to coat the roof!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on getting that done. Something I need to do and may try the mequires.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k