cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under cabinet coffee maker?

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
So our MH came with a Balck Decker under cabinet coffee maker. My wife likes it off the counter and not having to put away every time we travel. She's the only one that drinks coffee, I don't. Well she can't get it to brew good coffee. We tried cleaning it, running vinegar through it. Ran CLR through it and then vinegar and then flushed it many times with water. The coffee just doesn't tune out right she says. Sometimes it's too strong, sometimes it's too weak. She just never knows how it's gong to turn out.

What does everyone one use as far as under cabinet mount goes? So far it looks like B&D is the only one. If it's just ours and it's old we will buy a replacement, but if this is how they all are we don't want to waste any money on another!

Thanks!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
19 REPLIES 19

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot about this thread.
Update!
We purchased another B&D under cabinet coffee maker. It is working great and has no issues. Yes there is some steam, but my wife only makes coffee once a day so it's a non issue.
Thanks again.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue with steam on my cabinets as memtb had. Never again, as I had to work so hard to get that cabinet looking like the surrounding ones to sell house. I always sit my coffee maker where steam can go up vent hood now.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

MrWizard
I have had a B&D under cabinet coffee maker for years, and we love it, is the problem there all the time everyday even: the same campground
Or does the problem change when you change campgrounds, have you tried the coffee maker using a generator or inverter power,
Resistive heat, the heating element depends on good voltage to get hot,
If your supply 120vac is good
Then you need a new coffee maker
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
memtb wrote:
My primary concern with the โ€œbeneath the cabinetโ€ coffee makers is that....the steam from the maker is very hard on the cabinetry above. Many years ago, we damaged our home kitchen cabinet.... never again! memtb

I put a piece of plexiglass on the top of the coffee maker that slid out when making coffee to avoid that problem.

To the OP, here's a look at options, not sure which ones might still be available. Mountable coffee makers
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
IMO, a high quality coffee maker, and high quality ground coffee, or grind your own beans, is best option for getting a consistent great cup of coffee. I would remove, toss that under counter B&D.

For one person, it is hard to beat a pod style, high end coffee maker. Keurig makes a small counter top model that would fit nicely on an RV counter with limited space.

Jerry

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
My primary concern with the โ€œbeneath the cabinetโ€ coffee makers is that....the steam from the maker is very hard on the cabinetry above. Many years ago, we damaged our home kitchen cabinet.... never again! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
MarkTwain wrote:

Keurig coffee makers are my first choice. They make one individual cup of FRESH coffee every time. I use K-pods. You can use ground coffee to a one cup coffe. The size of the Keurig is perfect for RV's.

That would be my last choice (Save for the model 10 and it is not far from it) for RV use because they have no procedure to drain all the water from them if you store (The 10 does drain out every cup)

And they make mounds of plastic trash less you get a coffee out of Ca that.. Well it's in a paper bag that fits the K-Cup system but it is not the world's best coffee by a long way (I won't name the company).

The Under Cabinet cofee maker is a common automatic Drip if it comes out different each time then either she's varying the amount of coffee in the filter or the brand of coffee.. If she's using Starbucks (other than breakfast Blend) she will never be happy. Try just about anybody other than Starbuck.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
dockmasterdave wrote:
Bumpy...Yes there are half caff K cups available. I use green mountain from Publix.

thanks, I'll check that out.
bumpy

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
The B&D under cabinet coffee makers had a bad reputation. I would find a way to get a conventional model mounted on a shelf.

Had a GE under cabinet (when GE was still marketing countertop appliances)
and 2 B & D units. All junk, all ceased functioning a year or less after purchase.

I do agree the coffee used is the key. We drink decaf and love Costco Kirkland Signature Decaf. Flavorful, and a helluva buy for 3 pounds.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perfect Cup Every Time!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpy...Yes there are half caff K cups available. I use green mountain from Publix.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
The B&D under cabinet coffee makers had a bad reputation. I would find a way to get a conventional model mounted on a shelf.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
there was an article in a magazine that reported that the Kerig coffee makers did not produce the best coffee, not hot enough water, etc. I was thinking of trying one but there are no 1/2 caf cups available. Is your problem perhaps related to the water used?

I see amazon carries a Mueller unit that takes pods.

Mueller Pro Single Serve Coffee Maker, Personal Coffee Brewer Machine for Single Cup Pods & Reusable Filter, 10oz Water Tank, Quick Brewing, One Touch Operation, Compact Size, for Home, Office, RV
4.6 out of 5 stars 548
$29.97
bumpy

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Any coffee maker you buy will heat water and pass through the grinds to make coffee. If you want good coffee, you need to buy good coffee grounds or beans. I like good coffee, and I don't mean the bargain brand off the shelf, but good coffee. Either from local shops or higher end brands. As far as a machine, I always found my Keurig to be cumbersome and clunky. I recently purchased a Mueller to replace my Keurig that gave up the ghost. I did a lot of research and the Mueller is superior in every way. It's better quality, the pump is stronger and surprisingly, it's simpler to use. If I am using pods, I personally think Peets has the best brand of off the shelf. But usually I will cater to small local shops and buy beans or grounds and use my strainer pod. Also, I will try and find brands that use biodegradable pods. With my strainer pod, I can use my own grounds and there is no waste going into the landfill. Millions of people using plastic pods every day has a huge environmental impact.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS