cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a Scion FRS 4 down

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
I already have a Ford Fiesta that tow 4 down but my son wants to givr me his 2013 Scion FRS with a 6 speed manual that only has 10,000 miles on it. It says it can't be towed but I wondering if anybody has flat towed one with any problems. I'm also looking at towing with rear wheels on a dolly. If all else fails I guess it would come down to putting it on a trailer.

Thanks
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View
3 REPLIES 3

Y-Guy
Closing this duplicate thread, please continue discussion in this thread: tow a rwd car on a tow dolly

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
The manual transmission design is such that when the output shaft is being driven, (as when being towed 4 down)the countershaft does not rotate; the countershaft must rotate to lubricate the main shaft and its components. Donโ€™t recommend towing 4 down.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you doubt the manufacturer's statement not to tow four down? Seems to me they could sell many more vehicles if it could be towed four down.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad