cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toads

Boom2
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody using the new Chevy Trailblazer as a four down toad? Your thoughts would help me decide on buying one for this use.
6 REPLIES 6

SWJ
Explorer
Explorer
So…. Anybody actually own a Trailblazer that they tow? I am also considering one. Already know it is factory cleared to be recreational towed. If it’s AWD.

Y-Guy
A quick, non-authoritative, review of the Chevy Trailblazer online owners manual it would appear the AWD is flat tow able, the FWD can not.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
So, they asked their question here and the first 3 responses were telling them not to believe the salesman (which they never even mentioned)! yet no one has answered the question. So I’ll give it a shot.
As far as I can tell if it’s AWD then yes it’s flat towable!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Its rare for a salesman to actually know much about what they are selling at dealerships. See if you can find an owners manual online or when looking at the car, spend time looking in the actual one.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
phil-t wrote:
What does the owner's manual have about it? Just don't base your decision on what a salesman might tell you.

Exactly!
I have a relative that recently bought a Jeep Cherokee with Active Drive I,and 3 people at the dealer told her she can flat tow it. I just told her that I hope I'm wrong, but you can only flat tow with Active Drive II.
I'm waiting to hear what they do about it.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
What does the owner's manual have about it? Just don't base your decision on what a salesman might tell you.
2014 Allegro 36LA