"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro
21 REPLIES 21

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
This would be great for large venues, outdoor concerts, etc...but why in the h3ll would it be listed on an RV parts business?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I guess some people are afraid to see the stars at night. I enjoy sitting outside at the campground and seeing the stars in a dark setting along with the occasional treat of the Northern lights. Listening to the loons and hearing wolves howl in the distance. The lake is like glass if there's a moon. I cannot understand people's fear of the dark that find it necessary to illuminate it like daylight.

That sounds like a Thomas Kinkade painting I saw at a garage sale this past weekend.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
And to think an RV dealer is sellign it

I'm going to run right out and NOT Buy this turkey.

Though in truth I can see where there are places that MIGHT be able to use one.
Like the security booth here at the park
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
If it had the ability to flash it would be common at a CG. And, probably more popular than leaving your side marker lights on all night.

What? You mean you DON'T LIKE the trick of sticking the flasher in the 7 pin connector on the trailer to make the running lights flash all night? :E

I read about doing this on one of the RV forums and since I had two or three new heavy duty flashers (mechanical ones that go "tink, tink tink" as they flash) I thought I would try it. Kinda cute and has some purpose, emergency flashers for your trailer, but nooooo, would never do that in a campground......... out in the boonies on the other hand............. ๐Ÿ˜„

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I guess some people are afraid to see the stars at night. I enjoy sitting outside at the campground and seeing the stars in a dark setting along with the occasional treat of the Northern lights. Listening to the loons and hearing wolves howl in the distance. The lake is like glass if there's a moon. I cannot understand people's fear of the dark that find it necessary to illuminate it like daylight.

Hey when it's party time I don't care much about that stuff.:B

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
ZINGERLITE wrote:
Iraqvet05 wrote:
Great for attracting 2 million moths and other insects which in turn draw in the bats. ๐Ÿ™‚

Put it in front of the neighbors camper! HA!
That's what I did with my neighbors, I gave each of them my bug zappers. :B

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
hornet28 wrote:
I think it's mainly people who live or grew up in the city and are not comfortable in the dark. I see the same thing with people who have their porch light on from dusk to dawn

Nope. I know many city people who enjoy camping in the dark and many non-city people who light up everything. ,x

A lot of new owners of RVs bought one due to the rash of RV related TV shows. You can always tell the rig is brand new and they just had to buy the largest they could afford, or not afford. Then it becomes a matter of burning all those lights, especially the blue LED ones, all night saying look what WE have and how cool we are.

I personally love the jumpered, or better yet flashing running / clearance lights. Yes you think you're awesome with those. I think you're a Rumpranger.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Well if you don't want neighbors add this light to a loud generator and accordion to your site.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
hornet28 wrote:
I think it's mainly people who live or grew up in the city and are not comfortable in the dark. I see the same thing with people who have their porch light on from dusk to dawn

Nope. I know many city people who enjoy camping in the dark and many non-city people who light up everything. ,x
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this for real ??? If not it's a great joke. If its' real it should be a joke and then be destroyed.

Wouldn't last long around here before someone would sneak into your campground one night and throw it into the lake.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a target to me.

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
Great for attracting 2 million moths and other insects which in turn draw in the bats. ๐Ÿ™‚

Put it in front of the neighbors camper! HA!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If it had the ability to flash it would be common at a CG. And, probably more popular than leaving your side marker lights on all night.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
What dark sky?
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II