cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

summer trip to around vicksburg MS

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer we went from SW Florida to NC mountains. We were advised to make reservations well in advance as we were headed to a tourist mecca in season.
We understand the whole season issue, being from SW Florida.
My question is, if I was headed from home to the Vicksburg area, do I need to make reservations far out ? Or is it a little more laid back, and we can pick as we go ?
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo
6 REPLIES 6

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Battlefield is impressive to visit. Tactics be damned! Charge!

Grantโ€™s army, the Army of the Tennessee, was a Midwestern outfit noted for its speed, aggression and fighting spirit and was the best army of the war. All three of Grantโ€™s corps commanders at Vicksburg, Sherman, McPherson, and Ord, went on to become army commanders during the rebellion and Sherman an army group commander.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Ameristar a couple of years ago. The park itself was nice enough for an overnight but the site I had was VERY unlevel. Oh well, it is Vicksburg and nothing is level there
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

stang37
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the Vicksburg, Ms. area. There are two parks Iโ€™m familiar with Ameristar RV park and Rivertown Campground. Both are nice parks with very friendly and helpful attendants. If youโ€™re planning on visiting in the spring of 2018 I would make reservations. Thereโ€™s a nuclear power plant in Port Gibson, Ms. about 35 miles south of Vicksburg and 40 miles north of Natchez, Ms. The power plant has a lot of ongoing construction work now and they have a planned refuel outage around April. The Rivertown Campground looks to be about full currently, not sure about Ameristar as I havenโ€™t been by there. The Rivertown campground fills with construction works two months ahead of time and stays full until well after the outage. If youโ€™re planning on stay anywhere within 65 miles of the Vicksburg/Natchez local I would call now.

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
So, I guess it's just the hundreds of thousands of rv's produced recently, added to "the kids are out of school", makes it " season " everywhere but SWFL. Thanks for the input, I hope for more.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Battlefield is impressive to visit. Tactics be damned! Charge!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
We go to Vicksburg area in the Spring and do not make reservations. In the Summer I would make reservations.
Ken