cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spring has sprung...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well the winter of 2019-2020 wasn't all that much to deal with but today it is officially in the rear view mirror...Hooray! Spring in the high Sonoran desert of southern Arizona is awesome but Mt Lemon {9,200+'} got another nice dusting of snow last night. {We have had snow on the peak since before Thanksgiving.} this pic was taken from my front yard about an hour ago:

Took myself out of self isolation for an hour today to ride my motorcycle {which brings me in direct contact with no one} and boy was that brisk {as in heavy wristed} ride therapeutic.

Our State parks are still open as are most of the CG's below 5,000'. We have reservations for Monument Valley and then on to The Valley of the Gods, the Moki Dugway and Muley Point for early May{will be towing the Rzr in our cargo trailer}. Also have reservations for West Yellowstone the first week of June to be followed by a few days riding Grand Teton and visiting friends in Idaho Falls {will be towing the Indian Springfield for that trip}

Life is good!

:B
9 REPLIES 9

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
60's for 3 days here in Oregon where I live.
Monday it all disappears. Upper 40's low 50's for the next 10 days after.

Right on schedule. Spring break next week.

RockyMt
Explorer
Explorer
12 inches of spring yesterday and today!!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
eight inches of snow yesterday in Nevada.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has been nice here,low 40's, but not quite bike weather yet although I saw the first one of the year today. He was in town not on the highway.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
The blue bonnets were amazingly beautiful on my drive headed north of Houston yesterday along I-45.

Expect a very good season of them just south of Dallas in a couple weeks.

So far, more than 1/2 of the days in March have been in the 80s, with lows in the mid 70s.

About normal, which also brings strong thunderstorms and flooding every year, and the weekly tornado. Just hope for no hail damage this spring.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Goodbye, Winter! On to the many challenges of Spring. May God help us.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not for us 6 inches of snow today by Boulder Colorado.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Looking forward to taking the bikes out next week myself. Today was in the Seventies but tomorrow the high is in the forties when a cold front goes through tonight.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Not for us, not yet.
cold front coming Friday with 50-60 mph winds