cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So...How Many Of You Would Pay Cash?

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
rather than financing this baby? (TFIC ๐Ÿ˜› )

ONLY $1.5MILLION
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.
31 REPLIES 31

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
There is no Way I'd pay 1.5 mil for this. You can get a Certified Pre owned, 3 yr old under 50K miles (still under warranty), 500 point inspection for $400K. Most people that buy these vehicles, just keep them 2-5 yrs. Just lease/rent it, get your rocks off, hand it back in, move on. Smh.

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
I have not had a car payment in over 30 years and yes there were a couple of new cars in that time frame. I got ZERO down and ZERO percent for 60 months last year (even though I did not need it) on my new car purchase. Who can say no to that.

I can. I retired at 45.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Poser". Good description of that type of thing. Immensely impractical in the real world but makes people look. Outside of N America where are you going to get service for those trucks?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That Zetros is impressive. 1m EUD would put it at roughly the same cost as the ER but it looks like a much more capable machine.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnt mind having something like this..:)

https://youtu.be/JSbouUCDQsg

This ATV is pretty awesome too
https://youtu.be/sVwOvDvoiEo

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
A more economical alternative :B
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bobbo wrote:
I pay cash, or I don't buy. That one, I wouldn't buy anyway.
Not even if I had the $1.5, (or even the down payment). :R
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Theyโ€™re super cool, but agreed, the real expedition ready units are โ€˜mogs and MANs.
Iโ€™d have more fun building up a 5500 chassis into a pseudo ER rig and it would be pimp.....for about $1.2 million less than the ER.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen quite a few Mogs, MAN, and less well known Euro brands of expedition vehicles in Alaska and other remote places. Never seen an ER in the wild.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Since it looks like the gods will let this thread survive...

Has anyone come across honest video of the Earth Roamer actually off-roading, not staged for a commercial off-road... those videos are easy to spot - the truck is creeping along at 1 MPH and there's ten different camera angles of it driving over every little rock along the way. Plenty of Unimog and MAN videos out there.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dave H M wrote:
I got ZERO down and ZERO percent for 60 months last year (even though I did not need it) on my new car purchase. Who can say no to that.

I always say no to that. Am a firm believer that that zero zero stuff is not free. :h
If you got the best deal with that offer you'd be foolish not to take advantage of it. The money you would have spent earns some interest and pay the loan off when it comes due. But it all depends on whether you got the best deal you could get.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
With $1.5mil, if I want an offroad RV, I'm getting a Unimog based RV. Probably a custom made one. Of course, this is an overpriced joke.

Pics of my BIL checking out a Unimog at a recent Outdoor & Recreation Show (RV Show) in Moss Vale, NSW Australia ...

I have no idea what it's selling price was but I doubt it was anywhere near $1.5 US ... sure was impressive though, just like all the other outback equipment we saw that day that would make that Earthroamer look like child's play. When it comes to true off road equipment Australians have it nailed. :W
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Side topic. Tried to pay cash at CW but tcouldnt take it. The manager didn't know what to do with the Benjamins. That was the deal we negotiated. So Amex to the rescue and it cost Marcus 3 points to pass it through the CC...smh. Imagine how much $$ is lost across the network that way. Marcus should let me run CW. It would run like clock and be more profitable...
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dave H M wrote:
I got ZERO down and ZERO percent for 60 months last year (even though I did not need it) on my new car purchase. Who can say no to that.

I always say no to that. Am a firm believer that that zero zero stuff is not free. :h

Usually, you can get a discount with cash over the zero what-ever plan, so zero what-ever usually means a higher price was paid up front to compensate for the lost interest.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV