cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowing here and

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am so glad the TT is UNDER a shed. 6 inches of Snow, Sleet, and freezing rain would not be real good for the top stuff. Could be heavy as well.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
36 REPLIES 36

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yep, it's almost pricelss..
Keeping it under cover and out of the elements virtually stops the aging process.

Although it didn't do much for the asthetics of our back yard..

Lets see some more pics!

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I have a buddy near Greensboro who said he got 14" of snow and now it's sleet and freezing rain. The power is out too. It's not a good situation down there at all.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it would be nice to have a shed to store the RV.
Maybe you should be more concerned about the snow load your NC shed will support? You don't want the shed crashing down on the TT. :C

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
It's still nice to have the camper under a roof, isn't it. Wish I could do that!

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of weeks ago we had more than 2 feet of snow. It has now settled down and melted to about a foot of snow on the roof of the MH. No problem. This is far from the first time, or the heaviest snow, over the 12 years that we have owned he MH and it is still going strong. None of the RVs that are on dealer's lots are covered either.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
If it can stand your weight on the roof you have no worries.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm. Up here in the North in a Snowbelt area, what you're experiencing happens a couple times a week for months! 95% of campers up here aren't under a shelter or have a cover. They survive just fine. As a matter of fact, there was 17" of heavy wet snow on the roof of my 5th wheel just last week. No issues whatsoever.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.