cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Schwintek (Lippert) Slideout Motors

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have one Schwintek slide that's always been slow or hesitant, and has been repaired more than once, and now has yet another bad motor. Does anyone know if the existing 300:1 motors can be replaced by the more powerful 500:1 motors, without a rewire, i.e., plug and play?
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
5 REPLIES 5

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
Camper445 wrote:
If the system was not installed correctly as in correct tolerances, squareness, size of opening etc, it's probably going to be problematic no matter what motor. That is the case more often than not, as the builders all suck and care less about having any QC or QA. Slap it together, push it out the door and let dealer and buyer deal with it. Lipptrt customer support? Now that's an oxymoron. roflmao.

I'm thinking the same thing. While it would be nice to have motors with more torque, if the slide is not currently operating correctly, and has some alignment problems, putting more force on it may produce untoward affects.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Schwintek type motors on amazon that are lower in cost:

https://www.amazon.com/236575-Wall-Slide-Out-Motor-Assembly/dp/B09DPCGTT9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=DVWURBI1REEB&keywords=schwinntek%2Bslide%2Bmotor&qid=1654275052&sprefix=schwingtek%2Bslide%2Bmotors%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-4&th=1

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
A call to Lippert customer support will net you an answer.

I agree, give them a call!

I called them just to ask about greasing the zerks on my FW landing legs. Their customer service person directed my call to a qualified tech, that told me to just add 2 pumps of a lever grease gun, every couple years, or as needed.

Called another time, inquired about axles, talked to a knowledgeable parts guy, that answered my question.

Good customer service, IMO!

Jerry

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I asked Grand Design this same question. Yes, you can go with 500:1 motors but you also need to upgrade to steel torque tubes instead of the aluminum ones.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Camper445
Explorer
Explorer
If the system was not installed correctly as in correct tolerances, squareness, size of opening etc, it's probably going to be problematic no matter what motor. That is the case more often than not, as the builders all suck and care less about having any QC or QA. Slap it together, push it out the door and let dealer and buyer deal with it. Lipptrt customer support? Now that's an oxymoron. roflmao.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
A call to Lippert customer support will net you an answer.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD