cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVing in 2022

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
With the price of fuel going up as fast as it has been, I am sure most folks are reconsidering their plans for 2022. Are you ?

My daughter's family was planning a trip to Disney World with their camper but just cancelled the campground reservation in favor of a on-property hotel (they love camping and will do several trips in MI this year).

We all know that new RV sales in 2021 set records. Do you think there will be a lot of 1 and 2 year old RVs for sale this spring ?
49 REPLIES 49

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
I highly doubt your daughter will save any money due to her changes. Have you looked at the costs for their hotels?

Big bonus for them is 2 less days on he road !

2003silverado
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm much more concerned with the effect of fuel prices on my small business than I am for travelling. It's really easy to get ticked off when I drive by gas stations and see the price, or the sticker shock when I see the price on the pump after filling up my tank, but for the total cost of a trip I try to keep it in perspective. At 4.50 a gallon a 2000-3000 mile round trip will cost $400-$600 more in fuel than last year. Not chump change by any means, but not enough for me to cancel...yet.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I highly doubt your daughter will save any money due to her changes. Have you looked at the costs for their hotels?
I do think there will be a glut of campers if the fuel prices continue.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. I don't see prices coming back down any time soon. People will be getting rid of the RV's they don't use...but who is going to buy them? We are planning trips closer to home as I'm sure many others are also who are keeping their RV's. Will it put a crunch on availability? Maybe. I am looking at one tank there and one tank back trips. Still not cheap when you have a 34 gallon tank.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Even if there are a lot of 1-2 year old RV's for sale how many potential buyers will be balking because of high fuel prices?