cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reserve America "Rainy Day" refunds

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just received an email from Reserve America promoting their new "Rainy Day Refund" program. For a small fee you can have your daily campsite rental fee refunded If it rains for all or portions of the day you have reserved. Apparently a company named Sensible Weather will determine what portion of your camp day had weather that stopped you from enjoying outside activities and refund that amount. I emailed Sensible Weather and asked if I was on day 3 of a 5 day stay, and it rained, would I have to leave for the day and return the next day if it was nice in order to get a refund. The reply said no, I could stay and would be refunded for the portion of the day that outside activities were hindered. I'm going to all Reserve America tomorrow to see if this is a scam or an authorised offer. Oh in my case it would cost $2.69 per day to protect the 5 days in mid May I have reserved, through Reserve America at Salisbury State beach campground in Salisbury Ma.
Apparently the cost of this " protection" varies by time of the year and location the reservation is made. Now this is my current understanding of how this thing is supposed to work, not exactly how it is done, if it is done at all.
Has anybody else received this email?
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
1 REPLY 1

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
It isn't a ReserveAmerica program.

It is a 3rd party travel insurance. Sensibleweather is the insurance company. You pay them a premium for your trip and if the weather is bad during the trip, they reimburse you for the "lost enjoyment time".

What constitutes "bad weather" will be in the fine print.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)